WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a Mondaine at a local AD. It was 70% off so I picked up the 41mm version for $55 after tax. Does anyone own one?

Information from Mondaine website;

Mondaine’s Design Line needs almost no introduction. The hallmark of this collection, the Official Swiss Railway watch, is recognized worldwide. Based on Swiss designer and engineer Hans Hilfiker’s 1940s patented classic, the Swiss Railway Station Clock (over 3,000 clocks are seen in every station), Mondaine developed the model-protected wristwatch version in 1986 that has also become a classic.

Watch specs:

Category: Official Swiss Railways Watch Line Extension
Movement: Ronda 517 Quartz
Case: 41mm Polished SS
Water resistance: 100 ft
Glass: Curved mineral glass
Strap: 22mm Leather Strap

Photos:

I had never seen a red lollypop second hand on a watch.

Nice thick leather strap with white stitching.

Very classic design with a slight twist. Over all F&F is very good, day/date displays are large, but I wish the hands were lumed. But for $55 it is a great find and nice work watch.

·
Registered
297 Posts
wow great find i have only seen them on the web usually $200 or so
i love the simple design ans cleanness of the Mondaines wanted one for a while
they have nice web site too

·
Registered
129 Posts
congrats on adding to your collection - it looks great on the wrist...let us know how it keeps time.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Information from Mondaine website;

Mondaine’s Design Line needs almost no introduction. The hallmark of this collection, the Official Swiss Railway watch, is recognized worldwide. Based on Swiss designer and engineer Hans Hilfiker’s 1940s patented classic, the Swiss Railway Station Clock (over 3,000 clocks are seen in every station), Mondaine developed the model-protected wristwatch version in 1986 that has also become a classic. [emphasis mine]

Man, that must be a staggering display!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Auto! Dude! Thats a steal! Great looking watch. Like that second hand. What a deal, wish I could find one for that price!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts