WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Are you sticking with Invicta only?

• yes, if it is not an Invicta, I don't want it.

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • mostly, but I do break away to another brand now and then.

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • no, Invicta is still #1 but I am moving to other brands some.

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • no, I am close to or done with Invicta and moving to other brands.

Votes: 14 34.1%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:huh:I have always been a watch nut. I could not go by even the cheep watches at Wally World without stopping and looking at them. If in a Jewelry or Department store that had better watches I would take the time to look at every one. My problem, because of expense, I always relegated myself to a very few watches. A Timex for work, and a Seiko or Citizen for dress. No more than 3 owned at any one time.

Then I found Invicta!:thumbup1: With many very nice looking pieces for less than $200 and quite a few for less than $100 I could own 3 or 4 watches for the price of just one of my beloved Seiko!:w00t: Thus, the journey to cheese land and this forum began!:thumbup1: Next thing I knew, I owned over 20 watches!:biggrin: In short, I had gone mad!:lol:

Then the change started. Lurking in all the forums I found myself looking at more Seiko, Citizen, Hamilton, etc. watches.:blink: I also found myself saving and spending on the same. More and more of my Invicta's are being moved from the top of my watch box to the bottom drawer.:blushing: Don't get me wrong, I still have a great affinity for most of my Invicta's but I am even considering selling a few of them. I am now broadening my collection to other brands. Has this happened to any of you?:huh:

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
If it isn't an Invicta I don't want it. I have not had the problems some members have had with my watches. In fact I have never had a problem with any of my Invictas so I am staying with them.

·
Banned
2,874 Posts
I'm still very much an Invicta guy. It's what brought me to the game. I am less inclined, however, to buy them often. Meaning I will only buy what I really like, and within reason (that is, not more than $400 or $500). I would still like to buy a Lupah, and a diver with an SW200 movement. I also would someday like to purchase a SAN II, but not before I get my other grail, a Doxa Sub 750T.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Most Invicta fans go through this. Buy another brand, notice it's well made, maybe with a bit more panache than cheese, but you will eventually be back at some point. I have not bought an Invicta in a long time, but I still enjoy them. I still also feel that the SANII line is one of the better watches out there regardless of name. I used to buy all the cheap stuff just to get a collection going. That is the only thing I have turned away from when it comes to Invicta.
The thing that riles me up is when Invicta fans find another brand, stop posting here, then come back and start bashing.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Nope not in the least!

Everytime I see another brand that does interest me it's way out of my price range.

So... it's Invicta for me unless I hit the lottery.

Dave

·
Registered
49 Posts
I still love Invicta...probably always will. I was kind of like timebender in that I always liked watches, but never owned more than 2 or 3 at a time. In my case usually just digital quartz models. My first "real" watch was not an Invicta, but because of that first "real" watch, I stumbled on Invicta and was hooked almost immediately with a black dial Pro Diver that I still have. I have since bought and sold several Invictas, along with other brands. While I like several brands, Invicta is and will always be one of my favorites.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
The thing that riles me up is when Invicta fans find another brand, stop posting here, then come back and start bashing.
I'm 100% with you banned!! If a collector no longer collects Invicta move on to the forum that suits your new tastes in watches. Don't trash talk what we collect.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Quit Invicta? NEVER!!! I will buy other brands but to turn my back on them after the severe infection of watch collecting started by Invicta would just be wrong. VIVA INVICTA!!!:thumbup::001_tt1::001_tt2:

·
Registered
865 Posts
All six watches in my collection are Invictas, but I'd have no problems branching out to a few other brands. I limit myself to having no more than twelve watches total, so I have to be careful when selecting a watch to add to what I already have. My loyalty to Invicta isn't changing, but then again, I have to constantly ask myself exactly how many of the twelve should be Invicta?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Invicta provides a terrific product for the price as long as you recognize it for what it is.

I have 4, have sold 5 and have had only 1 minor problem. If I see something I like I will buy again. $300 seems to be my limit but who know what they will come up with.

The Invicta 9937 started my addiction so how could I ever be disloyal? (Besides the fact that my Scooby seems tatooed to my wrist) :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Watch collecting is still a relatively new hobby of mine. I have about 15 pipes for every watch in my collection. I don't rotate watches like I do my pipes. That being said, Invicta has dominated my watch purchases this past year. I look at other brands, but when it comes to a new watch I wonder how often I will wear it and what book or pipe or antique I want to buy that month.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I came to Invicta because of there Swiss automatic line and there designs.I never got into there less expensive quartz or Japanese automatic movements.My first Invicta was
a quartz Minute Repeater from there I went to Sapphire Ghost and Subaqua Noma 11 Chronograph.As for other brands love my Tags and wish I had a Breitling Auto Chronograph and of coarse most Omega autos.I buy watches that catch my attention.
Mostly Swiss Autos.As for the poll I did not vote as the poll just did not fit into the way I buy watches.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Sticking?? I have not put that much thought into why I am on this 1+ year long Invicta spree. I think that being "satisified" and "beyond satisifed" with the product keeps me coming back. I still do not consider myself a "collector" although I have accumulated enough Invicta watches to dawn on every wrist and dog paw in the household. The company is also quickly evolving and growing so I think the best is yet to come.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I only have five watches. Three invicta, one hamilton and an old seiko diver that I had previously worn for about 20 years. Invicta for me unless I hit it big!!!

I have a funny feeling Triton is slowly working his way up the chain to the top and I give him much credit! I already could not help to notice that omega!

:001_tt1:

·
Registered
788 Posts
I still enjoy Invicta, and still consider their pieces nice and desirable. At the same time, I never like buying just 1 brand. So, in the meantime I'll stick with my 4 Invicta's, One Bernhardt, Two Seikos, One Zodiac, One Orient, and One Gruen for the time being.... with that said, I have a nice tax refund coming in... I'm having a hard time deciding how to spend it ($700 bucks). If the reserve COSC comes down any I'll bite. Otherwise I may go Victorinox, Seiko Spirit, Marcello C. Many of the higher end Invicta's are just too darn big for me. Even my reserve Speedy gets light wear, mainly due to the IP plating and shear size. If they made some high end 40-43mm watches I'd bite more.

In short, I still recognize Invicta as a great brand, but I'm trying others as well.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts