WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you look at their offerings they seem to be the same old stuff with a different dress on.:confused1: How many variations of the "limited edition" Subaqua are there? Or the RD, Speedway etc. Have they run out of homage watches or what.

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
They may eventually become excruciatingly un-original but I doubt that they will ever be boring!!
It would be nice if they would become boringly consistant in the QC and CS areas though!

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
I think Invicta is still way out there on the design edge.
Are they pumping out RDs etc. sure, but the new models get introduced after the holidays

·
Registered
979 Posts
Hi Koi,

I agree. I would like to see them slow down and start designing watches with quality like they used to. Does this world really need fifteen versions of the cheap quartz Russian Diver? Red, yellow, blue, black. The original sold well because it was awesome. I own one. Then they got smart and added the quinator or whatever. The only thing nice was the bracelet. God forbid they would sell one for the Original Russian Diver.

Slow down guys and stop shoveling [email protected]!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Still loyal here. I don't care how many models of the same watch they sell. I say buy what you like. Invicta is known for producing watches that suit a variety of people and budgets. I happen to own one of those cheap quartz RD's and it seems to be a pretty nice watch to me. It is heavy, well made and part of the signature collection. The world is a big place, maybe large enough for 15 versions and maybe even more.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think Boscoe said it correctly as far as new models being introduced after the holidays. I do recall last TV show visit, EYAL talking about alot of NEW models coming very soon especially the new re-design of the SPEEDWAY...:D

They will also be coming out with a new ALL ceramic mens pro diver with a 44 to 45mm case. Can't wait...:thumbup:

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
Any word on the new bezels/straps for the highly hyped(at one time) I-36??

Does anyone remember buying one with the promise of extra add ons??

Just curious as I was one of the many who bought into the hype a couple years ago .

·
Banned
2,208 Posts
Any word on the new bezels/straps for the highly hyped(at one time) I-36??

Does anyone remember buying one with the promise of extra add ons??

Just curious as I was one of the many who bought into the hype a couple years ago .
I still have that model or models. New straps and bezels would be nice.

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
I dunno about boring. The new 360 Chrono and the Sea Spider are both very attractive designs but at 50 mm or so, just too big. (Gosh, I'm channeling boscoe I fear. Yikes)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would suggest that you don't hold your breath!!!:blink:

Won't be happening. I remember Jim asking Eyal on a show a couple of months back. And Eyal I believed laughed it off instead of saying no...:001_tt2: Maybe it wasn't such a big hit at the time....:huh:

·
Registered
417 Posts
As a new Invicta fan I'd say anything BUT boring. Soooo many excite me.

·
Banned
927 Posts
Invicta is a parts bin designer/marketer in conjunction with their contractors who ACTUALLY build the watches. They will mix and match movements, cases, dials, bezels, bracelets to build multiple variations and combinations of the same watch over and over. With the vast parts bin availability, the new product stream seems neverending.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Has anyone received the latest issue of "The Movement". Some great looking new styles until I read the copy, 50-52mm. Too big for me.

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
Bigger is better in Invictaville - at least for the moment. The Lalo wrings every last drop out of trends. Good business. Don't be surprised to see him "bashing" those "ridiculous over-size watches," when the pendulum swings the other way in a couple years. He'll then be touting how much craftsmanship it takes to build a smaller watch - which is true.

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
Glad you are excited, rm. When I first started I was too. Don't let any of our curmudgeons dampen your enthusiasm.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Glad you are excited, rm. When I first started I was too. Don't let any of our curmudgeons dampen your enthusiasm.:thumbup1:
Don't worry, won't happen. I'm hooked. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I have to say that Invictas innovative design is what started me collecting their watches. If you look at any of the competition out there I don't see innovation. Most of the manufactures seem to have a really conservative look to their timepieces.

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
As I watched the shows over the weekend, all I can say is WOW! The new rose/black 360 Chrono is simply drop-dead gorgeous, that special quartz SAIII chrono with the grey/blue MOP=striking, and the new vintage look with the Tecnica Ebauche that Invicta has developed=classic beauty.

And the word is, lots of new designs after the first of the year? I think things are fine in Invictaville.

·
Registered
27 Posts
As I watched the shows over the weekend, all I can say is WOW! The new rose/black 360 Chrono is simply drop-dead gorgeous, that special quartz SAIII chrono with the grey/blue MOP=striking, and the new vintage look with the Tecnica Ebauche that Invicta has developed=classic beauty.

And the word is, lots of new designs after the first of the year? I think things are fine in Invictaville.
I tend to agree with you about the 360...

LOL!

Michael

1 - 20 of 33 Posts