WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
28,345 Posts
He has a pretty good track record...Beyonce...Audemars Piguet...New Jersey Nets...okay, so maybe not the last one.
Maybe not the second one either if your talking about those "limited edition" ROO's. :sneaky2: Can't argue with Beyoncé though. :001_wub:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Must be an acquired taste, or "monkey see, monkey do" on their (celeb's) part.
Afraid the "Roo" does nothing for me.

Oh, and who the hell is Jay-Z-and why should I care (what he likes)?
Would be willing to bet we'd be polar opposites on virtually everything of substance.

·
Super Moderator
15,640 Posts
I wanna know if I can score me a leather strap like that for my Tissot PRS-516! :laugh:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Oh, and who the hell is Jay-Z-and why should I care (what he likes)?.
He's a musician/entrepreneur who worked his way from nothing to Forbes List :thumbup1:
Unfortunately in his latest album he also drops a couple lines about owning Hublots...

·
Registered
116 Posts
he also drops a couple lines about owning Hublots...

That should tell you how much he really knows or cares about watches..

AP seems to love this attention and comes out with a special edition almost as often as a rapper or hip hop artist sings about a drive by..either way what can the brand really do?

like this quote from wiki on Cristal Champagne...

In an interview with The Economist in 2006, Louis Roederer managing director Frederic Rouzaud said he viewed the attention from rappers with "curiosity and serenity." Asked if he thought the association would harm the brand, he replied, "that's a good question, but what can we do? We can't forbid people from buying it. I'm sure Dom Pérignon or Krug would be delighted to have their business."[7] Subsequent interpretations and reactions to these statements resulted in the brand's loss of position in hip-hop culture. Cristal went from being the rappers default to being discarded, an example of this was Jay-Z releasing a statement saying he would never 'drink Cristal or promote it in any way or serve it at any of my clubs' for what he felt was off hand, patronizing disrespect for the culture of hip hop

Reactions: CometHunter

·
Banned
28,345 Posts
like this quote from wiki on Cristal Champagne...

In an interview with The Economist in 2006, Louis Roederer managing director Frederic Rouzaud said he viewed the attention from rappers with "curiosity and serenity." Asked if he thought the association would harm the brand, he replied, "that's a good question, but what can we do? We can't forbid people from buying it. I'm sure Dom Pérignon or Krug would be delighted to have their business."[7] Subsequent interpretations and reactions to these statements resulted in the brand's loss of position in hip-hop culture. Cristal went from being the rappers default to being discarded, an example of this was Jay-Z releasing a statement saying he would never 'drink Cristal or promote it in any way or serve it at any of my clubs' for what he felt was off hand, patronizing disrespect for the culture of hip hop
That's classic! :laugh::lol:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think AP would ever say no to a little celebrity exposure.

In their eyes, it seems like any celebrity exposure will help the brand.

Music: Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake
Golf: Anthony Kim, Rory McIlroy, etc.
Basketball: Shaq, LeBron

Quite a diverse group...with a diverse group of followers/supporters.

·
Super Moderator
15,640 Posts
Interesting...I'm an avid golf enthusiast, and I didn't even think Rory owned a watch. :lol: Maybe if he wore it out on the links like Phil does with his Rolex...:001_rolleyes:

·
Registered
455 Posts
I don't think AP would ever say no to a little celebrity exposure.

In their eyes, it seems like any celebrity exposure will help the brand.

Music: Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake
Golf: Anthony Kim, Rory McIlroy, etc.
Basketball: Shaq, LeBron

Quite a diverse group...with a diverse group of followers/supporters.
AP has been a lot more visible on golfers lately. Darren Clarke wears his when he plays, there were gratuitous shots of it during the Open Championship. Lee Westwood has been sponsored by them for a while as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts