WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You'll porbably see more of me around the OIF as I've made a decision to concentrate solely on building my Invicta collection. I've come to realize over the past few months that you really can't go wrong with the yellow cheese brand, at least in the lower-priced automatic category. I went a little crazy for awhile, thinking that my Invictas were just a stepping stone to higher-end, more expensive Swiss brands. We'll Ive paid dearly for that reasoning. And you know what, I honestly don't think that what I've added in the past few months is THAT much better.

So if any of you are interested in adding a Zodiac, Tissot or two to your collection, PM me.

But this really wasn't the intent of the thread. It was, more or less, to give an example of one WIS evolving (and I know there are some out there who would say focusing on Invictas is devolving) as he gets more steeped in the collecting.

Happy New Year, all you fantastic Invictaphiles!:thumbup1:

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
I think orange and yellow make a great color combo. :thumbup:

I have alerted moderator AutoMovt to arrest all loiterers EXCEPT you!:D

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Glad to hear it Agent Orange, I was converted a few years ago but strayed with my purchases a couple times. Like you I ended up regretting it so I sold off all of my
non-Invicta watches and now all I own is Cheese and nothing but!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I could not agree more. The few times I have stepped outside Invicta I have generally been disappointed at the price paid compared to the quality. This is not to say they have not been nice watches, just not as good a value as my Invictas that we all here such tripe about.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I agree totally, although there are other brands that I enjoy and will probably purchase more of(i.e. Hamilton) I always end up back at Invicta

·
Registered
759 Posts
Well, if the 4469 is as nice as I hope it is, I may be a convert as well, although I wouldn't sell everything but maybe some of it. Let's see, will I be a Swiss Cheeser??

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, fellas. It's good to be back as a regular. Invicta is what brought me here, and it's kind nice getting back to my roots:D

·
Registered
416 Posts
Thanks, fellas. It's good to be back as a regular. Invicta is what brought me here, and it's kind nice getting back to my roots:D
Interesting to read this thread!!!!

Invicta got me into this and I don't intend on straying. Really don't have the bucks to do it even if I wanted to. No Rolex in my future. Only Invicta.

Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think it's really funny to read this kind of stuff since most of the watchforums I read Invicta gets a lot of bad critics. Originality, quality, precision and what not is criticised a lot. Mostly by higher end watch owners that is. Reading both sides of the story really makes me look forward to receiving my 4469 and have my own experience with what seems to be called the swiss yellow cheese ;)

·
Registered
416 Posts
I think it's really funny to read this kind of stuff since most of the watchforums I read Invicta gets a lot of bad critics. Originality, quality, precision and what not is criticised a lot. Mostly by higher end watch owners that is. Reading both sides of the story really makes me look forward to receiving my 4469 and have my own experience with what seems to be called the swiss yellow cheese ;)
Yep, Invicta has some issues that even Eyal Laylo admits. He is doing a good job of being "The Robin Hood" of the watch industry though and he has his critics to be sure.

Dave

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
I visit another forum out there and the members are so PARTICULAR that will only talk about watch brands that only THEY have heard about. They criticize everything else. I'm glad this is my home.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Great place to be!

I own and will continue to own some other brands but with that said Invicta is the reason my collection can be called a collection. I simply wanted more watches and Invicta pricing makes that possible. Granted, all my Invicta's are lower end Invicta's but I like them non the less. In fact one of the things I like the most is I can put less than $150 in a watch that looks many times that price and works flawlessly.

My only two complaints with Invicta I believe are shared by many of us. CS and QC. So far I have had only one problem with just one Invicta. The stem comes all the way out on one of my Speedway's but I can dink around with it and get everything working. This happened on only my second time setting the watch changing from daylight time back to standard. I could send it back for warranty work but all I have read about how long it takes to get it back and the fact that I can still make it work along with the very low price of the watch keeps me from doing that. Invicta is selling a lot of cheese and more and more people are jumping on the band wagon. If Invicta would take care of the CS and QC aspect, look out watch world.

In the end, I really like my cheese and I like being in here with all the cheese heads even better!:thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts