WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm so glad I found this forum. Hopefully some can shed some light on this watch. It was given to my mother by my father in 1941. I was told it is a Hamilton but there's no name on the face. Any help would be very appreciated. Hamilton 001.jpg Hamilton 002.jpg Thank you!

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I've never seen anything like and I don't see anything like it in the catalogs of that era.

It is pretty cool though.:cool1:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Have you tried taking the back off to see if the movement is stamped with the makers name ? .....it is very easy, but you can always have a jeweler do it if you're not OK to try .......

that is some watch ......yum !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all!

I know, it's an incredible watch! Actually, I had a jeweler open it up and he could find nothing. Wow, this is even more of a mystery! Thank you all so much for your replys!

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
I know, it's an incredible watch! Actually, I had a jeweler open it up and he could find nothing. Wow, this is even more of a mystery! Thank you all so much for your replys!
Definitely not a Hamilton case laurie - but pretty strange the jeweller couldn't see any markings on the movement? I'm no expert on ladies' watches but I would have thought that Hamilton would have branded any movement they produced??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Roger. Definitely not a Hamilton.........., I wonder then what it could possibly be? The jeweler admitted that he wasn't a watch expert, however, you're correct in that it should have had SOME kind of marking. I think I just may have it looked at by someone who is more informed. The most amazing thing is that it's kept perfect time for 70 years, or more!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts