WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
High I just received my grandfather's watch and was wondering if anyone knew the exact model or where to get it repaired at. I tried searching for which type it is, but failed massively. So now I'm just hoping it's real. Granted it will still hold sentimental value, but getting a fake fixed is most likely impossible.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Amber

Thanks

Wrex

·
Super Moderator
16,568 Posts
I can confirm its a 4002 from '62. Any competent local watchmaker should be able to execute repairs. If you want, ask relatives or friends in town who they take their watch problems to. Or check the phonebook for AWCI (American Watchmakers-Clockmakers Institute) member repair shops.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks HandyDan from hamilton chronicles blog actually made the ID and recommended a guy only a couple hours away. Now I'm trying to track down an original band which is most likely impossible.

·
Super Moderator
16,568 Posts
I love that hour hand. :001_wub: You have no idea how badly I want one of those in my watchbox! Now, if one of you kind folks out there would be nice enough to pay my cable bill for me for the next couple months.............:001_rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.