WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for u Hamilton collectors. I got a 687 movement so I get a thin I matic case. T575. In stainless case . So I removed the stem put it in case and kinda rattles little bit. And the stem is a hair short. I was wondering if a movement ring would take of that. But even with the movement in the snap back doesn't fully snap back. Not sure if the movement has to sit correctly or I would appreciate any help in this project

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
my memory is a bit rusty but if it's a 687 then it's from the Thinline range rather than an auto Thin-o-Matic.

that makes it manual wind.

the 687 or variation thereof is found in almost all of the Swiss made Hamilton watches from the 60's. you get them either with or without seconds hand but not with a sub-second hand only sweep seconds.

It's reliable and easy to fix. The case is a different matter. any case that will take a thinline should do (ish).

movement/case rings would be specific to the case but without a look at a good close up of the case and movement contact areas it will be hard to tell whether it required them or not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.