WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Though I've been a collector for a long time, I am familiarizing myself with Hamiltons now. I prefer only vintage mechanical movements. To me, anything with quartz in it isn't a watch. My question is the relative demand for a "Samson", a 1955 watch I haven't seen too often. It looks like a simpler version of a K series watch whose round bezel was made of three concentric rings.

Meanwhile, picked up a "Haydon", and a "Nordon". Going for a Wilshire, mad that I sold the first one I had.

Pics to follow!

Thanks,
Mike

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Though I've been a collector for a long time, I am familiarizing myself with Hamiltons now. I prefer only vintage mechanical movements. To me, anything with quartz in it isn't a watch. My question is the relative demand for a "Samson", a 1955 watch I haven't seen too often. It looks like a simpler version of a K series watch whose round bezel was made of three concentric rings.

Meanwhile, picked up a "Haydon", and a "Nordon". Going for a Wilshire, mad that I sold the first one I had.

Pics to follow!

Thanks,
Mike
Image from 1955 catalogue:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!

Dear Roger:

Thank you very much for that information. I am enclosing some recent pictures of acquisitions. I cannot identify the last one, as the "K" series were all so similar, and this looks just like one. More interesting was the inner snap case which had something I never saw before, the word "QUEENS" and a crown. Is that the model name?

1. Hamilton Nordon: It is picture perfect, as I rehab watches as my hobby. My only complaint is an acrylic crystal which is magnified at the edges, so you can clearly read the outer track. It is not original, and though it looks normal to the eye, every photograph is distorted at the edges.

2. Hamilton "Samson"- classic.... I buffed this baby till you need sunglasses :001_smile:

3. UNKNOWN????? Has "Queens" name and a crown logo.

Thank you again!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
The third one is a 1957 Viking. The hands are wrong according to the catalog but otherwise very, very nice. Queens is the case maker like Wadsworth, Star, D&A, etc.

Edit - I just looked at the last photo. I don't believe that back belongs to this watch. The marking on the inside should read 10k RGP Bezel, Stainless Steel Back. I don't know which case supplier actually supplied the case for this model.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts