WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets have a contest and put a put a Hamilton photo at the top of this forum. The rules will be simple. Post a photo in this thread of your Hamilton watch. Photo size should be about the size of the ad that's currently there, so maybe 500 x 250-ish. Moderators will deliberate in our little corner of the forum and determine a winner. Let's call the deadline Aug. 31, 2016 at midnight.

I will not be in this contest but I'll start off with a quick photo. Vintage and modern squares. Yes, I know it's not a very good photo.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not looking for anything specific. Could be a great photo. Maybe a multi-watch photo. The artistic parameters are wide open to let your creative side run free.

·
Super Moderator
4,432 Posts
"put a put a" is a double but "your" seems perfectly appropriate in this context. Are you questioning whether it has to be your Hamilton watch or whether you're allowed to take and post a picture of a watch that does not belong to you?

·
Super Moderator
15,309 Posts
I hope Davemcc will correct me if I'm wrong, but...

I believe we are looking for original content.
This time around, it should be your own watch. Isn't a watch that is your own personal property so much more interesting than one belonging to a complete stranger? And you must have taken the photograph yourself. Nothing grabbed off of "Google Images" or the Hamilton Website...heck, where's the fun in that?

And it goes without saying, I won't be entering the contest either.

·
Super Moderator
15,309 Posts
Is this correct? Especially the bold type all caps?
If it's a matter of feeling left out, don't. The Mods are discussing having more than just the one contest for the Hamilton Forum.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
If it's a matter of feeling left out, don't. The Mods are discussing having more than just the one contest for the Hamilton Forum.
Not feeling "left out" Bill, just wanted a clarification regarding weather or not "posted pictures" should be owned by the poster and not someone else's watch.

·
Super Moderator
5,682 Posts
My understanding is that it has to be a watch owned by you and a photo of that watch that you took yourself (not someone else with 'permission').

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just put these together.
These are all great, glare free photos (so hard to do properly). I'm not entirely sure if there would be copyright issues with using Hamilton's current logo as a banner.

·
Super Moderator
15,309 Posts
I'm sorry!

What proof is required to authenticate posted photos? Here are the watches and the books used as backgrounds.

We all make mistakes. I made the mistake of thinking you didn't take those photos yourself. For this, I was wrong and the above picture clearly proves it. I humbly apologize.

Dude; you've got some mad good skill with a camera!

·
Super Moderator
4,432 Posts
I have on occasion been accused of being a good photographer. With the proper lenses, filters, attention to lighting, and forty years of experience anyone can do it. I will submit additional photos minus the Hamilton logos.
We all make mistakes. I made the mistake of thinking you didn't take those photos yourself. For this, I was wrong and the above picture clearly proves it. I humbly apologize.

Dude; you've got some mad good skill with a camera!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts