WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my late Dad's Hamilton Masterpiece watch stolen from shipping when I set it to be serviced. I don't have any of the watch serial numbers or a picture of it. Does anyone out there now where I can find more details about a gold Hamilton Masterpiece wristwatch with a fireman's shield (logo) on it? I need to put a value on it for a claim and I have no idea of it's retail value, I just want it back. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Sorry to hear of the theft.

Watch valuations are not an exact science; the market determines the value. Only difference being solid gold watches; they at least have an intrinsic value - the value of gold on the day of sale.

If the watch was solid gold you should be able to claim gold value for it. But you'd need to know if it was 10K or 14K gold and how much the case and bezel weighed. You could work this out from similar size and shape models. With a fireman's shield on it it was a product of Hamilton's Award Watches department and therefore custom made for the fire service.

Do you know what year it was awarded? This will help narrow things down.

If it was rolled gold plate or gold fill market value would be $100 tops; more likely less.

If your Dad was famous or awarded the watch for an act of bravery etc then the value may be higher.

·
Super Moderator
15,927 Posts
This may be a longshot, but...
If you know the firehouse your father was assigned to, perhaps its Captain has records of the watch's purchase.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.