WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My first Hamilton watch, well sort of second as I did previously own a vintage Illinois watch from the 60's which was really a rebranded Hamilton. I picked this one up because I really liked the style and I was looking for a newer watch to add to my little hoard, nearly everything else I own is vintage. The model number is H765150 with a 27 jewelled ETA 2895 and it is 44mm wide excluding the crown, sapphire crystal front and back. The strap has a really nice soft feel to it and comes with the Hamilton "H" buckle with double holes along the strap.

44mm on the wrist was a bit of a shock, the next largest watch that I own is around 38mm. I never figured that a small 6mm would feel so much larger on the wrist. Time will tell if this one stays but after a couple of days on the wrist I am finding I don't have to strain my old eyes to tell the time. :blush:

The caseback has a nice feature with the divided crystal and the phonetic alphabet down the middle bar.

The watch was originally shipped new with a brushed finish as seen in the pic below (random pic from the net), the previous owner decided to have it polished and he done a decent job on it so for now I will leave it as it is.

·
Banned
219 Posts
I love the look of this watch... (especially the sub second and date window) However, 46mm is just too large for my skinny wrists... My max is 40mm. I wish they either made this watch in a 40mm or I had larger wrists.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
FWIW, the polishing job makes the watch. I never really looked too hard at this model before but when I saw your photos, I thought maybe I should reconsider.

Then you showed the factory finish....:wink:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FWIW, the polishing job makes the watch. I never really looked too hard at this model before but when I saw your photos, I thought maybe I should reconsider.

Then you showed the factory finish....:wink:
Oddly when I was looking at the sellers advert and the seller noted that it had been polished my first thought was to get it restored to the brushed finish, the seller reckons the polished is more in keeping with the style and after a couple of days of ownership I tend to agree with him.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Congrats Richard...:thumbup:

Great looking watch, as stated, well finished. I too own some vintage watches, Hamiltons...but wanted to try the new ones as well....!

Jazzmaster Viewmatic - 40 mm - Khaki Mechanical - 38 mm.

Congrats again!!!!

Best

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts