WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found this. There are variations on the dial. Arrows pointed outwards and the automatic font. I hope someone can chime in if (my case) the dial is refinished wrong or it is an legitimate variation and not refinished etc.Hamilton K-100 info request

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Found this. There are variations on the dial. Arrows pointed outwards and the automatic font. I hope someone can chime in if (my case) the dial is refinished wrong or it is an legitimate variation and not refinished etc.Hamilton K-100 info request
First of all....NICE SCORE. Finding solid gold Automatics is hard enough but I never thought I'd see somebody with the K-100.

It looks like somebody has done something to the dial. I don't see any variation in the catalogs. The catalogs look like the arrows point outward as in your link. Yours is also missing the small lines that run through each marker. You can faintly see these lines in the one in the link. It looks like it should be a light cut (much like the lines in the white Thincraft II). ID might be able to properly restore these features and the font. I say might because I don't know how the raised Hamilton script is produced, whether it's a raised part of the dial or markers added on. You might want to send it to them and discuss it with them before proceeding. They might be able to just add the lines, reverse the markers and correct the lower font but leave the pearl track and Hamilton script alone. I'm sure their advice would be best.

The open areas of the hands should be luminous. If you send the hands in with the dial, ID can do that too. Then you just need to find the gold strap holder that came with the watch.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First of all....NICE SCORE. Finding solid gold Automatics is hard enough but I never thought I'd see somebody with the K-100.

It looks like somebody has done something to the dial. I don't see any variation in the catalogs. The catalogs look like the arrows point outward as in your link. Yours is also missing the small lines that run through each marker. You can faintly see these lines in the one in the link. It looks like it should be a light cut (much like the lines in the white Thincraft II). ID might be able to properly restore these features and the font. I say might because I don't know how the raised Hamilton script is produced, whether it's a raised part of the dial or markers added on. You might want to send it to them and discuss it with them before proceeding. They might be able to just add the lines, reverse the markers and correct the lower font but leave the pearl track and Hamilton script alone. I'm sure their advice would be best.

The open areas of the hands should be luminous. If you send the hands in with the dial, ID can do that too. Then you just need to find the gold strap holder that came with the watch.
Thanks for your input! Looks like after refinish?... the arrow gold markers were incorrectly applied plus the other details you mentioned. I wish there were more examples out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts