WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have aquired this watch, it is kinda rough but not bad. Does need a second hand but does still work. It has and alligator band, it says 14k on back. I asked the Hamilton company and was refered to an "expert" who told me from my discription that this was a Justin.
I'm wondering what this watch might be worth, I have no use for it, but would like to have an idea what it might be worth before I put it on the market. This person did tell me that they (Justins) are quite collectible.
Any information would be appreciated. I can send a photo if anyone has an idea and needs to see it to get better idea. I'm new at this whole thing so I'm looking for anyone with info. Thanks :001_smile:

·
Super Moderator
16,888 Posts
The Justin's 17-jewel movement is not premium, so there's no real value there. All the collectability is in the case. It will appeal to those who appreciate the art deco style (and trust me- I don't use that phrase lightly). And for an early-to-mid 50s watch, the case uses a lot of metal, and that metal is not gold fill- it is solid 14kt gold and a sterling silver dial with 18kt numerals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.