WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks .
Dial is well portioned to sub-dials IMO albeit little lrg. I'm hoping the 42mm will be the sweet spot OTW.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I'm sure that your wrist can sustain a 42mm pretty easily. I've seen the side profile photos and the lugs are reasonably short and curve downward substantially. That should make it wear relatively small despite it's thickness.

·
Super Moderator
15,310 Posts
Looks very much like the Hamilton Chronomatic(s) from the mid-1970s. However, the vintage watches had their crown at the "9" instead of the "3". A tad awkward for the right-handed, I would imagine.

ham.JPG

I like the modern version better, and anxiously await your wrist shots!

(FYI $245 in 1976 had the same buying power as $1100 does today)

Reactions: watchdaddy1

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks very much like the Hamilton Chronomatic(s) from the mid-1970s. However, the vintage watches had their crown at the "9" instead of the "3". A tad awkward for the right-handed, I would imagine.

View attachment 144817

I like the modern version better, and anxiously await your wrist shots!

(FYI $245 in 1976 had the same buying power as $1100 does today)
yes sir it's a throwback to the vintage chronographs produced by the maker in the 1960s, specifically the Chrono-Matic, that are so popular with collectors today. With a few modern updates, the Intra-Matic 68 is a fresh new take on an old standby
First things first, where did this watch design come from? Well, back in 1968, Hamilton released the Chronograph A and the Chronograph B. The former featured a panda dial, with white background and black subsidiary dials, while the latter had the reverse configuration. These two watches were both powered by the Valjoux 7730 at launch, and later they'd switch to the Valjoux 7734. Hamilton eventually released the Chrono-Matic with the caliber 11 movement featuring a left-hand crown. It is safe to say that the new Intra-Matic 68 is aesthetically a combination of all three of these watches

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone know when they will hit the stores? I'd like to order one myself
Late May early June is when I will receive mine. You better call your local Hamilton AD & see if there allotted any of these as they are a L/E.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Thanks. Once I found the time to come back, I couldn’t remember my password or get the site to email me a new one. It took a while but I got it figured out.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I managed to score one of the 1968. It was just sitting in my local AD’s counter display when I noticed it. It’s just such a gorgeous piece that I had to take it home.

View attachment 164401

And here is a profile shot on my wife’s 5.5” wrist. I don’t get to wear it much.

View attachment 164409
Congratulations looks great on ya

Sent from my S6 Edge using Tapacrap

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That’s actually my wife’s skinny little chicken wrist in the photo but I know what you mean. It looks good on her. :001_smile:

I’m wearing it today but I don’t think it’s actually mine anymore... in her mind.
I love mine, but I don't wear it on the OEM.

Sent from my S6 Edge using Tapacrap

1 - 14 of 14 Posts