WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hamilton Electric 401, what a beauty !!​

Just got her from a quick auction on the bay, the seconds hand is wrong for the watch, but other than that, after playing with her, I got her up and running, when I got her the seconds hand would move awkwardly back and fourth ? so I open her up, after checking the battery connecter and adjusting them a little further up, I installed a fresh 387S, I then noticed the indent was loose, so I decided to pop out the female half stem and check it, it looked fine, so I popped her back into the movement and tightened the indent, popped her out and back in, to eliminate any play from the indent, and tightened the indent some more, Now on the flip side, I looked at the seconds hand through a loop, she was hanging on the post ? at first I felt, maybe because its the wrong seconds hand, but as I looked at all the hands at a level angle, I noticed the minute hand was not in properly, I used a screw driver at the post to push the minute hand further in and it snapped into place, now my attention went to the seconds hand, and I pushed her in and she felt solid to the touch, I did notice the seconds hand was a little bent, and straightened her up a bit to prevent her from touching the minutes hand, popped the Crystal back into place, and put the half male crown back into the female half crown, and snapped the crown inward fully, and....

Auction Photo's

Auction Page $55.00 + $2.67 S/H As Is......

·
Super Moderator
15,309 Posts
Sorry, but I'm not quite clear on exactly where your confusion lies.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Appologies Gents, I was comparing the three Photos from the other site to Rene's Book that depicts the same Watch with a different seconds sweep hand...

But I contacted Rene and he responded with the following...

Second Video with Watch on Strap...

·
Registered
652 Posts
Cool watch Eddie! You seem to have the magic touch with these old Electrics!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts