WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone familiar with the "Brandon" model watch?
I have a chance to get one at what I believe is a good price (30 dollars) it runs but needs servicing badly.
By the time I buy the watch and have my watchmaker restore it I would likely have somewhere between 100 and 150 bucks in it. I have a collection of vintage Bulova watches but never owned a Hamilton so I am VERY unfamiliar with their value and how desirable they are.
The only markings are "Hamilton CLD" on the dial and "Patent Pending" on the back of the case. It is 10k GF.
Thanks for any info/advice.

·
Registered
254 Posts
As an Ebay bottom feeder my rule of thumb is any running 980 I can get for less than $35 is a win. I like the Brandon and have three. They are a nice size and look good on the wrist. The case construction usually keeps the dial and movement clean. The down side is they aren't particularly popular. They are hard to open so many are hacked up by the previous owners. All the seals are hard to find and work with so I don't bother. The two piece stem is a little tricky to deal with. Personally I think its a deal. Joel

·
Registered
4 Posts
The brandon

Hi there, all depends ...brassing, crystal, dents and dings,original gaskets and crown.
BUT a good running 980 movement normaly sells for more than $30 and of coarse a good clean is a must but most collectors forget the last.
So YES you haven't paid too much for it. Here are some pics of a nice one I sold in 2008.
cheers Peter

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts