WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously, the 700+members of WTF are not all fans and collectors of Hamilton watches. . . and probably for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is that the brand is not as ubiquitous as . . . Seiko or even Invicta.

So, what ideas would you suggest to interest the other members in Hamilton?:confused1:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think we have to show people the value and how Hamilton's are "a bang for the buck" watch to make people more interested.

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
At the rate the posts are piling up around here it's gonna be a hard place to miss!!:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I think all you have to do is to take a look at them in a store and try one on.

I was interested in Hamilton for quite a while before I actually looked at one (a latter day one, that is) and fell in love.

After I had it sized and wore it for an extended time I couldn't believe how comfortable it was.

When I was at my favorite hangout, I showed one of the waitresses who knows I'm a WIS and told her it was a Hamilton and the two guys at the counter immediately wanted to see it, too.

They were both very impressed with it and commented on its very clean design. One was wearing an Omega Seamaster, so I can assume he's not impressed with just any watch.

Mine's a quartz, so to say it's stable is an understatement, but even among quartz watches it stands out.

Whereas the other great American watch brands have become synonymous with cheap bling, Swatch has maintained the image that Hamilton built for the better part of a century. And because, Hamilton moved its operations to Switzerland before it was bought by Swatch, it doesn't bear the stigma of a name that has been hijacked for purely entrepreneurial purposes.

All these things, should give any WIS cause to look just a bit more closely at Hamilton and I think that a little research and a short "test drive" at the dealer should lead one to an eventual purchase.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
I have to say....

All postings have a valid point here but, perception as Grady put it down is key...the brand has gained tremendous momentum worldwide...
A combination of smart pricing/excellent quality and savvy marketing by Swatch, respecting the American heritage roots of the brand has gone a long way… as I stated before the brand has become what Omega used to be years ago (IMHO of course) best value for the money. I think people (WIS in particular) can sense a good deal when one come along…Hammies speak for themselves :thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Obviously, the 700+members of WTF are not all fans and collectors of Hamilton watches. . . and probably for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is that the brand is not as ubiquitous as . . . Seiko or even Invicta.

So, what ideas would you suggest to interest the other members in Hamilton?:confused1:
I have just checked out the Hamilton website..... FAAAAR OUT!! :drool:
There are so many great watches on their site... where would you start?
I think if you want WTF members to be more aware of these watches, get 'em to visit the website - THAT's IT! If you can't find something you love, you are way too fussy. Surprise surprise, there are no AD's in Australasia (Australia / New Zealand) so if I want one it becomes a bit more difficult :sad:
And I DO want one!
I will keep an eye on this forum and just have to enjoy through other members pics...

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Most of us started, or maybe it was just me, as a 100% cheesehead. Every watch I owned had to be Invicta. That's why I still respect what the company is doing today. Allowing those of us who wish to spend less on a watch receive something that looks very nice. I'm sure there are some that will not abandon Invicta, but discover other brands. I think Hamilton is right in line for many that are playing in the $350 to $1,400 arena.

Part of the Hamilton experience is the history of the Brand. A great job has been done by WTF on exposing the history of this brand so far. To me, that was the lure. This is an American Brand that was bought by the Swiss and continues to be of real value. Look what the parent companies have done to Gruen and Elgin. Look what has become of Bulova....Hamilton is a survivor and IMO any WIS would want to have one in their collection.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts