WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an alternative to leather for a semi-dressy watch. I'm not asking about aesthetics or preferences, I just want to know how sturdy Hadley Roma Lorica (without leather padding or backing) is. I can't really tell from looking if the spring bar loops are stitched in place or just glued. I had a watch fall off my wrist because the original strap had just a folded over, glued down loop, and the glue gave out. So, will one of these keep my watch on my wrist? If not, what non- leather alternatives would you recommend, and what do you think of NATO on a semi-dressy watch. It's 42mm with 20mm lugs. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
15,314 Posts
I've never been disappointed with any of the H-R straps, and I've had plenty of experience. My local watchmaker sells H-R so that's pretty much all I buy.

If you're not put off by the basketweave pattern, maybe something in carbon fiber?

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Not a fan of carbon fiber. What I'd really like is sailcloth without leather - maybe Lorica in its place?

·
Super Moderator
15,314 Posts
That's okay. I'm also not a fan - for me it's either leather or steel.

I've personally had good experiences from Global Watchbands. They also carry canvas and lorica bands, and from the pictures, the spring bar ends appear to be sewn and not glued (as per your original complaint).

NOTE: I'm not sure if canvas and sailcloth are inter-changeable terms for you.
They meant the same thing a century ago, but times and meanings change.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I this strap it's a HR leather like that likes to swim in water
I've used it in the water with problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts