WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello , I've been looking for a nice automatic and from what I can tell I've got a real deal on one. I just purchased a Hamilton Khaki Action Automatic Men's Watch Stainless Steel Black Dial H62315133 for $104. It's on its way so I don't have it yet. By any chance can anyone advise me about this model or line?

From what I can tell it runs a little smaller than most of the automatics out there at 34mm (Which I prefer) and it has the hybrid plastic / stainless steel band. The website says it's quartz but when I search for the model # at Google it seems as if it's been mislisted as quartz but when you look at the face it always says Automatic. It's somewhat of a mystery.

The pictures aren't the best on this site but from what I can tell it's the same as

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and that your New Year gets better and better.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Welcome to the Hamilton Forum. I have looked at this model on-line and it is a great deal for an automatic. I think it has been discontinued by Hamilton, which is why information might be hard to get. There is no denying that the pictures show an automatic watch as opposed to a quartz model. The only caveat I could think of is a dealer listing the wrong model number or showing an incorrect stock photo. Let us know when you get the watch.

BTW, I had to remove your links and references to non-sponsor sites. It's against WTF policy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Khaki Automatic 34mm

I have had this watch for about two months, and am very pleased. I did change the strap to a black panny style leather. The watch is so comfortable, I hardly know its on. Even though it is 34mm, It looks just fine. The 2824-2 movement is nicely decorated, and has been very accurate. My watch gains about six seconds per day. The crown guard is a nice touch. This watch is a must have for the price paid. I don't understand why this watch is so overlooked, but I would recomend it to any Hamilton fan that likes Swiss automatic watches. The red tipped seconds marker and date window make it different than other Hamiltons. In short, this is a fantastic watch. Enjoy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pretty glad to have found it. I was looking for something special at an affordable price. I had been shopping around for new Seiko 5s, Citizens, and Chinese Alphas. I never figured I'd find an honest to goodness new Swiss automatic for less than the 300 Invicta Swiss Diver. I've been driving my wife nuts with my recent watch obsession. I hope this satiates it for a while. I guess patience pays off. My other watch is a nice Swiss Army Officer Quartz watch I picked up used on 'Bay for a little over 25 bucks.

When I get the watch I'll try and give a nice review for the board.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it

I posted an initial review on a online web retailer and here is what I said:

"Hello,
I just recieved this watch last night. Excellent looks so far. Very comfortable on my wrist. The band looks and feels great. Not too heavy not too light.

The rest to be determined. But seriously for an honest to goodness Swiss automatic it's the best deal going. I guess this watch is being sold so inexpensively because it is only 34mm in diameter. That to me is a selling point.
The only negative as I see it is that the marks that designate minutes and seconds respectively are close to the center of the dial and not on the perimeter which is what I'm normally used to. This makes it nominally harder to identify what minute it is as the minute hand covers the minute indicators as opposed to what I'm used to which is the minute hand pointing to whichever minute mark it is. This is not a problem with the watch it is more a problem with the design of the watch. If you look at the pictures you will understand what I mean.

Let me give you the rundown..

Swiss Automatic 25j
Sapphire Crystal face
Sapphire Crystal display back
Fold Over Clasp with Safety
Stainless Steel
Stylish Crown cover
Normal size

Excellent Price. "

Unfortunately it looks like the price for the watch has jumped about $60 dollars since last week. Looks as if God really came through and lowered the price for me. How awesome is he!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the quartz version...

I have the quartz version and want to get the automatic. As far as the overall watch, it's great. My only vice is the bracelet. It just doesn't sit right on my wrist, so I switched it out for a black Tropic with white racing stripes leather strap. In my opinion, its a great watch for the money.
Clinton

1 - 6 of 6 Posts