WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first received my Volcano 50 I shared the same feeling about the stock rubber strap as many others. I felt that it was disproportionate to the very thick case of the watch. Many people immediately chose to swap out the rubber with the 5 link SS bracelet Android had available separately. So I decided to be different and go the "GUNNY ROUTE". I wanted a perfect compliment for this watch and I felt that I got it. The strap matches the case and dial colour perfectly! it was very difficult to capture how well it matches the dial with the poor camera I used. I did my best by using flash and no flash to show the variation of it and also to show the wicked rugged distressed/vintage look of the strap as well. The strap is grey but has subtle hints of brown and green. The vintage/distressed look of the strap is AMAZING. I could not have picked a better strap to match the proportions, and dial colour of this watch.

Strap Specs:

Caitlin5
24mm wide
7-8mm thick
U shaped stitching with thick dark grey thread
curved removable brushed buckle.

I have to say these straps are well worth it. They completely change the look of a watch and are extremely well made. I think this is a "home run" mod if I do say so myself....lol

BEFORE:

AFTER:

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
A home run? I would say so!! That's some watch. Looks like you could drive nails with it. ( That's a good thing, ) :biggrin:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never seen a strap that thick! It certainly did transform the look of the watch.
LOL. The great thing is that you can get any thickness you want. I know a guy that got one 1cm thick (10mm) thick!! He has 8.5 inch wrists and can pull it off though.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nice strap!~ (I'm thinkin') That's a ridiculously thick strap, for a ridiculously think watch... all-in-all... Pretty Cool !!! :thumbup1:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts