WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
GMT Master II
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi, first time poster long time forum reader

which model android do i own? Watch Analog watch Clock Material property Measuring instrument

also, is it worth replacing the crystal (watchmaker is quoting over $100 for regular and $200 for saphire) mine is scratched like crazy

· Super Moderator
17,344 Posts
Hi there!
QUESTION 1) It's an orange one!
QUESTION 2) I'd say YES. Your photo gives no clue as to HOW BADLY it is scratched (a well lit close-up), but 95% of us feel better with a replaced crystal. Others won't say anything to you, but a scratched up watch really does look horrible! They'll think you don't care about treating your stuff properly.
And considering the skill is takes to PROPERLY re-cement a crystal, that price you were quoted is perfectly fair.

• Haha
Reactions: tonelar

· Registered
GMT Master II
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanks y’all-
I didn have pictures, so I snapped a couple of the gf’s red Android.
The watch-maker’s quote is $100 for plain $200 for a saphire (way more scratch resistant) especially as it’s really domed
Light Watch Automotive tire Camera lens Watch accessory

SFWatchGuy,
it says AD 267 so a search showed “octopuz” as another name.

· Registered
GMT Master II
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As I have seen these going for $150 in “like new” condition, I’m going to ask the watchmaker to service it and go with mineral glass instead of a $200 saphire crystal.
I’m no longer working as a fireman, so there’s no need to bang my wrist watch into walls etc anymore.

· Super Moderator
17,344 Posts
That makes sense! I know that after 12 years, unless I perform a test that potentially cracks the crystal, I can't tell the difference between glass and saphire!

Reactions: tonelar
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.