WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the difference between a grand diver and a pro diver? I know the obvious thongs like...it's got a scuba dude on it lol

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Most of the Pro Divers run in traditional sizes 40-42mm while the Grand Divers have larger case sizes. 44+mm

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Most of the Pro Divers run in traditional sizes 40-42mm while the Grand Divers have larger case sizes. 44+mm
I agree completely with GoDuke1, but would like to add that the latest Pro Divers have been listed at 43mm and the Grand Divers Measure in at 47mm. Also many of the Pro Divers have folded endlinks and a standard diver flip lock clasp, whereas the Grand Diver has solid endlinks and a scissor style diver flip lock clasp.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Like most things there are exceptions to the rule. My Reserve 1542 diver says on the rear pro diver (nowhere does the word Grand appear) and its a 47 mm case, has a massive bracelet with solid end links and is 500m rated. Cheers

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
like others have stated, the grand divers have a much larger case size, the reserve pieces are also alot larger as well, some of the reserve divers are grand, and some are just pro, the grand diver line all feature auto movements, were as with the pro diver line, some come in quartz, and some come in auto's. The pro diver line has alot more choices of colors, styles, and bezel styles, were as the grand diver line has less options. Both are great choices, I was not on board with a 47mm case size, untill I wore a grand diver, now when I wear something like a 40 or 43mm it's just simply too small. It just feels weird.

·
Registered
37 Posts
... I was not on board with a 47mm case size, untill I wore a grand diver, now when I wear something like a 40 or 43mm it's just simply too small. It just feels weird.

Know that feeling mate. My Tag 200m pro diver (15 years since I bought it new) is now too small for me...at the time it was quite a watch. I actually wear it as a dress watch under a tight sleeve...not ultra slim but compared to the Reserve diver very much so:biggrin:

Cheers

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I absolutely love my Grand Diver 3045. I wish they made one with a red face and bezel.
that would be great, I would have one then for sure, also a grand diver with a blue face, and then pepsi bezel would be a must have for me as well.

Here are some pics of my grand diver next to my 9210 which has a 43mm case size.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts