WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been :001_wub::001_tt1::drool: over the Pinehurst ever since I first saw the one on Will's website. I've seen four of them on eBay or other sites over the last ten years, but they are waaay out of my price comfort zone. Well, Bryan listed this one on his site yesterday. Tomorrow it will be on its way to me. And my Cambridge will be on its way to him. Kinda sad to see it go, but the decision wasn't that difficult. The Cambridge was an inexpensive opportunity I couldn't pass up when it was listed on eBay with a ridiculously low BIN. I liked it alot, but I've never used the emoticons above when posting about it. One grail down, and one to go (K-475).

all photos by B. Girouard

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Merry Christmas to you guys.:biggrin:

I saw those and could do nothing but dream about them.:sad:

BTW, both of those examples are new additions to the Master Photo Thread.

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
I've been :001_wub::001_tt1::drool: over the Pinehurst ever since I first saw the one on Will's website. I've seen four of them on eBay or other sites over the last ten years, but they are waaay out of my price comfort zone. Well, Bryan listed this one on his site yesterday. Tomorrow it will be on its way to me. And my Cambridge will be on its way to him. Kinda sad to see it go, but the decision wasn't that difficult. The Cambridge was an inexpensive opportunity I couldn't pass up when it was listed on eBay with a ridiculously low BIN. I liked it alot, but I've never used the emoticons above when posting about it. One grail down, and one to go (K-475).

all photos by B. Girouard
NICE!!! I saw it when it was posted and it's a BEAUTY! CONGRATS!!! I opened this post expecting to see a K-475. But... you are also saying that one of my grails is one the way to Bryan. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw those and could do nothing but dream about them.:sad:
I know that feeling well, Dave. If I hadn't had the good fortune to snag the Cambridge before the big hitters saw it (it had only been posted about an hour as I recall), I would never have been able to get this Pinehurst. One of my favorite quotes is the harder I search, the luckier I get. :wink:

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's really superb, Tom. I saw it come and go...Someday I'd really like one with an exploding dial.

I did snag Bryan's Scott, though!

This dial is very nice, but I'll be searching for either the exploding or the normal luminous version, which will look awesome with white gold. :thumbup: Congrats on the Scott.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Tom, until I hit the lottery, I will live vicariously through you! I saw that on the site, it is fabulous! Congratulations!:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
oh my goodness .....that is such a lovely watch ......what do you call that shape? .....and white gold ....I rather like it ...not to mention ...you know the inside of the back is very nicely done ....good layout, and great fonts .....

congratulations ......

I haven't seen this little bit for many decades, but I will do an imitation of it when something wonderful happens .....so ....pretend it's not a treat but the watch arriving ....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts