WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again, Swiss Watch International delivered quality customer service. I purchased a high-end Swiss watch from them - and a bracelet screw backed out. (This is not an Invicta:D). Two Florida ADs did not have them in stock. I wrote SWI - and 10 days later my screw (a very oddball piece) arrived via certified mail.
My compliments.
This company really understands customer service.
My public thanks!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Is it me or do some people get a sick pleasure out of taking cheap shots like they are the fat kid on the playground? BTW, several of us have recently gotten free links in 14 days or less from the oh so infamous Invicta that is so so bad.

Sorry, just seems inappropriate, especially coming from a moderator.

Oh, congrats on the SWI screws..

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Nick, that was not a cheap shot at Invicta.
A while back, I posted a thread - in fact a follow up or response to my initial review - of my $1,000 Invicta Reserve Meteorite Dial Pro Diver that had the case screws fall out within 24 hours of it's arrival. My "not an Invicta" comment was to avoid confusion on the issue which was discussed here at the time - since SWI also sells Invicta.
Believe me, you'll know when I'm kicking sand in Invicta's face. I'm pretty blunt about it.
I call 'em as I see 'em.
I purchased the above mentioned Invicta - after largely abandoning the brand (and resigning as an Invicta forum admin) - because the company's CS seems to be improving.

Another point or two: Invicta, as a company, has some serious flaws including spotty quality control and customer service and over-heated/over-hyped marketing. These issues are so sufficiently documented that raising these points is not bashing, but simply stating reality. And I am not relying solely on other folks' stories. I have owned more than 60 Invictas over the years.

I have never suggested anyone stop buying Invicta (in fact I rejected a call in the Invicta forum for a buyers' boycott out of hand). Nor have I said the company produces junk. The Japanese Pro Divers are some of the best values in horology. I actually like the brand - in spite of myself.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Maybe all these screws are falling out because you guys are sizing the watches yourselves and not putting them back in properly.:D:D:D
But, as an owner of an SWI I'm glad they took care of your problem promptly

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe all these screws are falling out because you guys are sizing the watches yourselves and not putting them back in properly.:D:D:D
But, as an owner of an SWI I'm glad they took care of your problem promptly
No this was the case screw on a Clerc - holding the bracelet to the watch.
It's very common for these to pop out - I think - no matter what the brand.
Since this incident, I have tightened them all on every watch and coated them with clear nail polish!:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts