WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 3 months apple watch series 6, from a student who was in need of money to buy a PS5.
It is with stainless steel casing golden color in brand new condition, with zero scratch. I separately bought a Milanese loop for 35$. Though this isn't the original 200$ strap provided by apple but its certified by apple.

I love my watch, and I don't have any plan upgrade my watch for at least 4 years (unless apple makes some major change in apple watch in next 2-3 years)
I want to keep it shinning and in a brand new state all the time
My question is will the golden color eventually fade? Do i need to frequently polish that watch to keep it shining?
I always take extra care of my watch, do not use it while showering or sleeping. If not in use i keep it inside a case.

·
Super Moderator
15,780 Posts
This sounds more like a question for a metallurgical engineer or a jewelry repairman, rather than a horologist.

But if anyone wants to take a shot at this one, go ahead!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stainless steel tend to develop micro scratches, no matter how well you handle your watch. My watch has screen made up of sapphire, but still i use a screenguard.
Though I handle my watch with extra care, i noticed that there were micro scratches developed, not visible unless you seeit closely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts