WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't post much here (But check it almost daily), but today I am going going sailing on a 3 masted schooner along with a large group of friends. It's a party so it will be fully catered. I've never been sailing and would very much like to wear a vintage piece but not sure if it would be safe or not. I do not plan on going swimming, even though everyone will me meeting at the beach to begin with.
I know there's some great experience here, so any feedback would be appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
16,551 Posts
If you are not going swimming then go ahead and wear whatever you gosh darn want to! You'll be no different than the millions and millions of others who live right by coastal waters 365 days a year and don't worry about what watches THEY have on!
Concentrate on enjoying yourself. :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

·
Registered
751 Posts
wear a watch with a good water resistance if you are a participant and actually doing some work. sailing is an activity that requires work and the possibility of getting wet and wet you will be monty. if you are not a participant but just standing around sipping a drink then wear a fashion watch and not a work watch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.