WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my lightbox set up in the livingroom for the last couple of days; just having some fun with it and trying to find my groove. Thank goodness my nephew leaves a bucket of Matchbox cars over here, or I'd run out of things to shoot.

Here's one I kinda' like:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Very cool. Once I get mine put together/set up I'll start playing around with some watch pics. It's been a long time since I fooled around with some serious photography.

Dave

·
Premium Member
24,978 Posts
Nice shot Steve...looks like you've got a piece of tile you're using as a background which I also often use. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:) very nice Steve..:thumbup1:

what is the size of your lightbox?
what kind of lights are you using?

diver88:):)
This is the set-up I use:

I used foam-core for the box, and cut holes in the sides and convered them, on both sides, with tissue paper. I use cheap work lights that Wal-Mart sells for ten bucks a pop for lighting.

For the background, I have a roll of white paper, and black sheets when I want a dark background. I use a 12X12" piece of polished granite flooring, that I picked up at Home Depot, for a reflective surface.

All told, I've probably spent $40.00 on it. I'm going to break down and buy a "proper" lightbox. Granted, it'll be a lot more than forty bucks, but I'm enjoying this kind of photography enough that such a purchase would be justified...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Steve,
How's the color balance (white balance) with those lights?
Do you have to set a custom white balance setting on your camera, or are they "daylight" type bulbs?

thanks
Steve

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Steve,
How's the color balance (white balance) with those lights?
Do you have to set a custom white balance setting on your camera, or are they "daylight" type bulbs?

thanks
Steve
Steve (because all the cool guys are named "Steve"), if I used a flash, I'll set the white balance for the flash. If I'm using just those lights, I'll set the white balance for tungsten.

I'm pretty happy with the results...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts