WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a question about the "supercase" on the new GMT. Is this about the same as the case on the Sea-dweller or is this a new type of case Rolex is using? and are they using it on other watches?
Thanks in advance
Mike

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hello and welcome!

The supercase is not the same as the case used for the SD. The supercase is I believe 12.1mm thick with the same 40mm diameter, other sports models still use the regular case. The SD is still substantially thicker at about 15mm. the new gmt as far as I know is the only watch with the supercase but I could be wrong (maybe the yatchmaster ll), someone around here im sure knows ☺

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I thought the GMT case was the same as the new Milgauss until i saw them side-by-side, the Milgauss is EVEN bigger!
There is a part of me hoping when the Sub gets updated it doesn't get the super-case, i'm really starting to dislike the very square shoulder look that it has. That aside, i will probably end up buying one no matter what Rolex do to it!
:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
I absolutely love the new super case. The thick shoulders are great. Also, the new straight satin finish makes the watch look better IMHO. =) maverick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts