WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading my booklet and somehow I missed this and don't recall any discussion on it up here. Is that correct? The numbers on the bezel are filled with Platinum? Maybe that's why it went up in $$! :T:confused1::T

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Booklet says pure gold or platinum...so wouldnt that mean pure gold on the TT and plat on the SS?

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
I'd assume so, but it could also be white gold... Be virtually imposible to tell by looking at it.

I know in the Rolex movie on the ceramic bezels it says "all bezels are then bombarded by gold, atom by atom until completely covered". It doesn't mention platinum. Though it could be... :confused1: :confused1: :confused1:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Booklet says pure gold or platinum...so wouldnt that mean pure gold on the TT and plat on the SS?
Yes. I was thinking about it. White gold would separate into into it's constituent elements when vapor deposited into the numerals (i.e. the heat would separate it into gold, nickel, palladium, etc). They have to use an element and I think it is platinum.

We're talking micrograms here. Even with the recent skyrocketing price of platinum, its immaterial to the cost of materials for Rolex.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Comeon Bull...don't burst my bubble! lol... :)
No, no... B&V's wrong.. :wink: The platinum on the bezel is worth $5,000 all by itself.. You got a deal there!!!! :thumbup1: :laugh: :laugh:

(OK, so is that better???) :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
Yes. I was thinking about it. White gold would separate into into it's constituent elements when vapor deposited into the numerals (i.e. the heat would separate it into gold, nickel, palladium, etc). They have to use an element and I think it is platinum.
Oh yes....I was thinking the exact same thing.....:laugh::lol::001_tt2:

Yes indeed - platinum is used on the SS model.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Oh yes....I was thinking the exact same thing.....:laugh::lol::001_tt2:

Yes indeed - platinum is used on the SS model.
Good point... I keep forgetting WG isn't pure... :blushing:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts