WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...now that I have this gorgeous watch, how shall I keep her polished? I am worried b/c of the polished center link. It was easy to polish my 16710 GMT....Can anyone assist on this one? Thanks!

:confused1:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Do a search on the forum of "Cape Cod Cloth". These things are the best way to get a mirror polish back on your watch. I've used then to remove the hair scratches and they work extremely well. Just remember to go slow and use tape over the brushed surfaces as the Cape Cod Clothes are only for the mirrored bits (I use tape, others might have a steadier hand).

Here is a link for our forum's sponsor John H. He shows how he (and I, and many others) use these things to get back that brand new feeling. http://www.rolexreferencepage.com/articles/15.html

Just make sure you tape over the brushed bits to keep from over polishing the bits that aren't supposed to me mirrored and you'll be ok.

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
I've heard Cape Cod cloths remove some of the surface metal. Is that something to be concerned about?
CCC's aren't all that abrasive....I'm sure it would take more than a lifetime of uses before you'd notice degredation of the surface metal.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
I've heard Cape Cod cloths remove some of the surface metal. Is that something to be concerned about?

Like John said this wouldn't be something to be concerned about, unless your either King Kong or the Hulk.... :laugh: :laugh: All polishers remove surface metal. Otherwise they wouldn't polish as it's the only way to get the scratches 'even' with the rest of the bracelet.

You just don't want to put alot of pressure into it. Start light & see how it goes. Add pressure slowly as needed. Patience is a good thing when polishing your watch.. Just make sure you tape off the brushed links. Otherwise you'll probably polish them a bit too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts