WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I now know that you can't change the bracelet as the lugs are a different size.

But I believe that the clasp can be changed, though I have no idea how much it would cost!!!

Has anybody else done this?

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Hey Tony,

So I can't talk directly to the Explorer, but if the end of the bracelets are the same size (and I'm pretty sure those 2 are) it should be able to be done. I've put Daytona clasps on Yacht-Master, as well as on the Sub. I'm pretty sure all these bracelets will take the clasp.

That said, you're going to have a very hard time finding just the clasp. Rolex will not sell them separately anymore, and they are a replacement-only part. So the old one has to go back before they'll send a new one.

lastly, they're ridiculously expensive if you can find someone selling one. About 2 years ago they were $800 give or take and the scarcity of them probably have them going well above that.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Scott for your very helpful information.:thumbup1:

I believe that you are probably correct, with what you have said.

But I will try and clarify the matter tomorrow.

Does anybody know or would you like to make an educated guess on why they don't fit the clasp to all their models, those that are compatible of course.:confused1:

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Does anybody know or would you like to make an educated guess on why they don't fit the clasp to all their models, those that are compatible of course.:confused1:
They like to take their time in updating the models. Rolex still have the no date sub with its tin stamped clasp. Maybe John can answer this

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
The Yacht-Master still has the stamped clasp as well. I expect both of these will get at minimum new clasps this year. If not a revamping of some kind.

Sorry, but there's no excuse for still selling Yacht-Masters & No-Dates with stamped clasps while the rest of the sports line has milled clasps. You don't need to change the whole watch, just swap out that clasp for crying out loud. To not do so when every other model has a milled clasp is like putting plastic hubcaps on the wheels of a BMW M-series :001_unsure: :sneaky2: :sneaky2: :sneaky2:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry, but there's no excuse for still selling Yacht-Masters & No-Dates with stamped clasps while the rest of the sports line has milled clasps. You don't need to change the whole watch, just swap out that clasp for crying out loud. To not do so when every other model has a milled clasp is like putting plastic hubcaps on the wheels of a BMW M-series :001_unsure: :sneaky2: :sneaky2: :sneaky2:
Agreed 100%. Hopefully Rolex monitors these forums and will address this discrepancy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts