WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally spent the most $ I ever have on a watch. I purchased a new M47 which is great! I am a little disappointed on the size of the rubber and the leather straps (too small.) The bracelet fit me perfect, straight out of the box, though. It was also 10 times more comfortable than I expected. Back to my title... I put myself a big, nasty scratch on the black pvd coating on the face of the watch approximately 1/4 of the way around. Now I can quit worrying about it. I hope that the crystal itself holds up well, it seems to stick out above the watch face a little bit, and that could cause trouble, but so far it is holding up well.

I buy watches to wear, and I wear the one that I own 24/7 until I wear it out. I don't a a collection of them and pick the one that I want for any specific activity. I work pipeline construction and I am hard on watches (as well as everything else.) I try to buy quality items that will last. I will keep everyone posted on my experience with this watch. So far, I am very pleased.

I will also try to post some photos.

Thanks,

Randy:001_smile:

·
Registered
140 Posts
nice. As durable as the PVD is, it's not scratchproof. Would be interesting if you had the tungsten and see how it handles as you put it through its paces.

·
Registered
128 Posts
nice. As durable as the PVD is, it's not scratchproof. Would be interesting if you had the tungsten and see how it handles as you put it through its paces.
I agree, if you want durable, the M-Tungsten line has watches (and bracelets) made of Tungsten Carbide, which is really durable - practically scratch-proof as it is made from the same material that cutting tools are made from. It is a bit costlier and the selection is getting really rather small.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts