WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am perplexed..... I have a GP Seahawk II Pro in gold and titanium that is running fast and erratic. I bought it earlier in the year and it was running 3-4 mins fast per day. I sent it off to a GP certified shop for a complete overhaul.

I keep it on an Orbita winder at their recommended setting of 500 rpd.

I just noticed today that it appears to be running 30 secs fast PER HOUR. I sent a note to the shop that did the service and they said that it could be magnetized or that the winder is putting too much pressure on the mainspring.

I don't understand how either of these could be effecting the watch. I have no idea how the watch could have gotten magnetized in the first place and I would have thought that the Orbita database would be factory specs.

Is there a simple way to de-magnetize the watch at home?

I'm open for all suggestions

Please help!!

Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update.....

The first hour after I set the watch this morning it went to about 50 secs fast..(from 8.30-9.30).. since 9.30 this morning it is now apprx 80 secs fast. Meaning it has only gained 30 secs over the past 6 hrs. It has slowed a bit.... I'm really confused at this point....

·
Super Moderator
16,902 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.