WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I recently removed the back cover of my Westclox Scotty Luminous pocket watch to adjust the time speed (it was loosing a few minutes every hour).

Though I am still in the process of adjusting it, I am unable to get the case back on.
The front bezel is made of plastic which concerns me since it probably won't take as much pressure as glass.
How do I get it back on?

Photos of it can be found by scrolling down on this eBay page that I bought it from. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390081345836&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up using a pair of slip-joint pliers.
One or two very small scratches were left on the case, but it was the only way I could get it back on.

The watch is still loosing five minutes in 12 hours. I can not adjust it to go any faster. I wonder if lubricating it may be the only other option.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only problem with getting it services would be the price.

How much should I expect it to cost? The watch is running just fine, except for loosing a total of 10 minutes in a 24 hour period. I would like to have it precise, but I can certainly live with it if its going to cost me more than what I can afford right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts