WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Future hamilton X-Copter ?

9K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  MacDaddy 
#1 ·
Anyone know about these 44mm X-Copter ? A pic would be nice, Or all that you know, it could be a rumor :cursing:

Please comment or post pics.. :) I picked up this news from another forum.

Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
Nice "heads up"...Here is an exerp from a japanese watch outlet...Looks like in is European/Asia bound right now. You loose some of the meaning in the translation....No picture though...And it looks like they are getting a new edition Piping Rock too.

The x-Copter will have a V-7750

YIKES...........$1,604.00

Sky theme helicopter take off, Hamilton's new X-Copter ABIEISHONUOTCHI
■ American Airlines flight 1918 to become the official clock since the multi <adventure and business flight has been accompanied Hamilton's watch. 1960 Japan Airlines, when it is certified by the official clock, and more than half a century of aviation world has gained confidence as the clock Back to the modern technology to convey Abi Abell Solutions, a new series of specifications clock helicopter, the X-KOPUTA appeared.
He wants to conquer the sky and a helicopter to the theme of the new features and functions.
■ helicopter, the attractiveness of other highly maneuverable aircraft is not a short-haul flight to repeat the speech, there are most concerned with the pilot, a "MT0.W (maximum loading weight)," Back To temperatures, and the amount of residual fuel Passenger volume and the weight vary戴物"MT0.W" for each takeoff, are asked to calculate the Khaki X-Back KOPUTA INNABEZERU, the operation Luze "MT0.W" record capacity, with a pilot and the pilot's right hand assists.
■ Also, the producer by helicopter temperature display, "Fahrenheit" What Celsius, "Back to the show is different from Europe, especially in the Americas-made helicopter, was driving when the temperature conversion occurs frequently Back then, it will be without the Khaki × - KOPUTA, and the "F" What 'Celsius "converter for converting - INNABEZERU adopted, the pilot instantly making the transition temperature in the cockpit that . ■ aimed at short-haul flight, the helicopter pilot to the orbital complex drawing <, for instant judgement is required.
To stop when the engine is cold, such as driving seconds of the countdown are required for accurate and excellent operability and high visibility Chronograph is a dependable ally and Khaki X-Back will be the KOPUTA, orange, Color and engineered using lacquer painting, nighttime flight to be instantaneous visibility to improve operations, while also better have been made in consideration Back優れるAlso, the operation of the special shape and push button to adopt , the scene of the pilot's voice to good account in the design.
■ detail to the idea of a helicopter in the aviation sporty design also features speech-to reduce air resistance seaweed beds helicopter design specifications, layout sub-dial around MEINROTA Back motif, boldly cut out from the back case exquisite movement, the movement can be found on the helicopter pad and Back TERUROTA reminiscent of the movement of sub-dial Back unique is the contrast of black and orange and sporty atmosphere, the nine sub-dial from the position until INNABEZERU aluminum decoration materials for aerospace engineering, the exquisite flavour reminiscent of a stylish finish.

#6 ·
Haven't seen pics yet....but it has a Valjoux 7750....I think retail on the rose gold X-Wind LE is $1495...a 13% jump...Of course that is suggested retal value....but it is all relative. I think reality of the movement situation will really hit with this years models after Besel.

#13 · (Edited)
probably it is this :

Hamilton Khaki X-Copter Chronograph
The case, in stainless steel, measures 44mm. The crystal is sapphire and it is water resistant to 100 meters. The dial features a Farenheit/Celsius conversion scale and a Maximum Take-off Weight (M.T.O.W) scale.
Movement is the automatic ETA Valjoux 7750 with 25 jewels.

Attachments

#16 · (Edited)
Is it just me or are the seconds and hour subdials pretty much non readable??

I would think that if you can put a temp. conversion scale and a Max. take off weight calculator on the watch then ,at the very least,the subdials should all be readable.

Or did I miss something?? :confused1:

#23 ·
Thanks for the pic.
I now see that the hours can be read on the subdial-though it may be a chore to actually do it in real life and the secs subdial still leaves out a major portion of the scale.

I agree that our Swiss designer pals may be excercising a bit too much "poetic license" with the military theme.

Still a good looking watch,but a bit heavy on looks and spareing on real function.

Geez , maybe the cheese is having an adverse effect on horology!!

#22 ·
You guys seem to have missed it!

Take a close look at the bottom subdial gentlemen and you'll notice it looks like a helicopter landing pad. The "H" and the lights around it (on the right side there are white dots). I guess the other subdial at 9 represents the rotor. Interesting watch. I love helicopters so this is special for me although I'm not sure if Hamilton is going in the wrong direction with all these specialized dials. They're getting busy and I can see them getting too gimicky fast. Stick to the real deal Hamilton before you end up overdoing it and everyone leaves the party.

#25 ·
Again, look at the size of the orange marks the designers expect people to read. They are so used to looking at it from a CAD system or Adobe Illustrator. Why can't dial designers take a tip from the Omega Speedmaster on legibility. The size of the numbers and clarity on that dial far surpass any other chronograph made. I'm not sure how many of us are also going to use the M.T.O.W. setting which is for kilograms and has to do with weight of the helicopter or load bearing. Even that is probably too small to be efficient without a loupe. Tsk, tsk...

Come on Hamilton, get real. That's why we all love your designs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.