WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I wanted to share my glee from recently obtaining the 2005 and 2006 Omega catalogues. I wanted to learn more about the Omega line and short of actually collecting them all:scared:, this seemed the most practical way to get started at a modest investment.

Most of you must already have them and I was hoping you could share some interesting facts or anecdotes about the models, literature or the photographs. I was slightly disappointed at the lack of descriptions, since details are what watch forums are about.

For instance, it took me awhile to realize that the watches in the introduction were restorations at Bienne, the Omega Museum. Yes, I was green enough to presume at first glance that the pie pan Constellation was actually still in production.:blushing:

I would appreciate your contributions after you’re done snickering.:lol:

Paolo

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Hi there Mr SP

Good to see you again.

I don't think you can or should expect copious amounts of information to be placed in a catalog since it would make the item rather voluminous. Do have a look at the website if you wish more information. It's by far the best way. As you also know, we have a Watch of The Day archive in our resource section which covers many products in the catalog.

The website will also give you an idea on what is generally current and generally available.

Be well now

ZIN

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re furthering my Omega education

Good evening Mr H.

Nice to see you too, hope you’re well.

Yes, maybe I was too ambitious with my request.

Could I ask one last thing about the catalogues though? What does the f.c at the end of the model number stand for? Ex. 3653.80.33 f.c.

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Hello Mr SP

FC stands for folding clasp as in deployment clasp. The current version as you may know incorporates the twin button quick-release mechanism. I :001_wub: it.

Be well now

ZIN

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey guys! Can I ask a silly question? How can I get my hands on one of these catalogues? Can they be ordered off the Omega website? Thanks...

·
Registered
822 Posts
Here's another maybe silly question... what does the SA stand for in the name Omega SA?? I was always wondering and thought now would be an appropriate time to ask!

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
It's Societe Anonyme, a term used in some European coountries that is the equivalent of " limited company " having a minimum of two shareholders.

OK pal :001_smile:

Have a nice day now

ZIN

·
Registered
6,967 Posts
Hey guys! Can I ask a silly question? How can I get my hands on one of these catalogues? Can they be ordered off the Omega website? Thanks...
Yes you can contact them, but isn't there a AD near where you live?
Maybe they have one or two laying arround..;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks G.J. The closest dealer around here is a few hours away (I think!)...I will try to get my hands on some off the website...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts