WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Please excuse me, I'm not a watch trader at all but I found in my closet a long-since discontinued watch that I kept as a spare and simply want anyone interested to know that it's for sale. I hope this is okay, thank you.

Casio Film Watch, Model FS-00, Module 2090.
New, Never Worn, Never Used, with a fresh battery (instead of putting it in myself, I paid to have a professional jeweler do it).
Bought in Japan in the 1990s, been in my closet ever since (smoke-free home). Original case, watch holder, instructions/warranty manual (in Japanese, saying "This Warranty Valid Only in Japan") and I also have a printout of instructions in English I found online I can send as well.

I'll try to upload some hi-res pictures but I have more I can email you as well or you can see it on the e bay listing

$189.99 USD on eBay.

Or you can email me at: ramen334 at yahoo dot com.

Watch Rectangle Gadget Fluid Temperature Liquid Fluid Solution Gas Plastic

Rectangle Grey Font Flooring Wood . Gadget Fluid Font Display device Electronic device

Shipping box Wood Package delivery Gas Font Watch Textile Sleeve Tool Grey

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yes mine is more expensive for one very good reason you omitted -- mine is brand new and has never been used or worn. The others you linked to are used and have been worn and pre-owned. Mine is NIB except for a new fresh battery -- which I paid a jeweler to do this time, even though I normally just change watch batteries myself. Anything vintage that's brand new and has never been used will be more expensive than one that's been used by someone for 20 years.

No worries if it's not for you, but there's a very good reason I'm asking more than sellers selling ones that have been used and worn. I priced it what I think is more than fair, considering I don't think you can ever find a new, completely unused and unworn, one of these for sale anymore -- if you do, and it's priced cheaper, grab it for yourself.

I almost never sell stuff. I never buy something unless I want to keep it myself (I don't buy stuff to flip). I have a couple of these Film Watches because I love them and wear them, picking them up in Japan in the 1990s. I forgot I had this spare, untouched since the day I bought it. If no one buys it after a while, that's absolutely okay with me... I'll be just as happy to put it back in my closet to keep as a spare for when the ones I've opened and worn go bad... :)

I uploaded very hi-res pictures on ebay of everything from the watch face to all parts of the watch band so you can clearly see it has never once been used or worn.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,973 Posts
Having a 'professional jeweler' do a battery change adds nothing to the value of the watch. Whether its worth what you are asking only the marketplace can decide. That said, the watch appears to be in very good condition and I suspect you will find someone that the watch appeals to either here or on eBay. Best of luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts