WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I want one of these..these are new/current production pieces, right???

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I have a critical comment on the watch it would be that there is no second hand. Kind of hard to tell if it is running. Otherwise, this thing is a killer...I really like this for an everyday kick-around watch!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The large magnifier is the chrono minutes. The small magnifier is the date. The retro grade looking sub dial is the chrono hours.

·
Registered
32 Posts
When I first saw this watch a few months ago I thought it was hideous. No offense, mgiraz. :001_tongue: But slowly the beast started to grow on me and now I really like the look of them. It's just really unique.

Nice pics.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When I first saw this watch a few months ago I thought it was hideous. No offense, mgiraz. :001_tongue: But slowly the beast started to grow on me and now I really like the look of them. It's just really unique.

Nice pics.
McNutt....No offense taken because I have traveled down that same path....If you asked me 60 days ago if I would have that model the answer would not be just no...but HECK NO!

Seeing it in person and trying it on and I was hooked.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I *just* got the olive strap version of this watch and I think it looks really cool BUT here are a couple of things that I noticed:
-there is no constant "second" hand that doesn't demonstrate the "pulse" of the automatic movement
-the second hand of the frogman chronograph has a slightly staggered movement that really bothers me... is this of the norm or did I get a dudded frogman? It's a legit piece with all the paperwork and stuff...

Please let me know because the 2nd point made me sad...

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
While I don't own that watch and have never seen one in the flesh, I cannot answer your question dateo3 but I can and will welcome you to the Hamilton watch forum.

Post some pix of your new Hammie when you have a chance.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I *just* got the olive strap version of this watch and I think it looks really cool BUT here are a couple of things that I noticed:
-there is no constant "second" hand that doesn't demonstrate the "pulse" of the automatic movement
-the second hand of the frogman chronograph has a slightly staggered movement that really bothers me... is this of the norm or did I get a dudded frogman? It's a legit piece with all the paperwork and stuff...

Please let me know because the 2nd point made me sad...

I have the watch and it is hard to tell from your description how choppy the hand is.. Take it to a watchmaker to look at...It may cost you $0.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts