WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Which IWC watch would you take?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - that got you all looking - didn't it? :laugh: :laugh: :thumbup1:

Alright, lets assume you've won a contest from IWC. As the #1 prize winner, they're going to give you a watch of the 'standard' models- your choice. So, which watch would you want & why?

For the purposes here, let's hear about the watch you'd actually like to own. No, "I'll take the Grande Complication, sell it & buy 50 other watches". Assume you can't sell it. Which 'everyday' IWC would you like to own to wear, and why....

Make your selection on the poll & then tell us why you make that pick and which of that series would you want! :thumbup:

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is a real tough one for me.. It would be between the Portuguese Auto, Spitfire Chrono or Big Pilot's...

I'm going to have to mull it over a few hours.... :confused1: :confused1: :confused1:

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
DaVinci hands down - and then I'd buy it's older brother, the DaVinci Perp calendar moonphase just to keep it company.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent choice Bos....

Only reason I didn't include that is I don't see it as an 'everyday' watch for me... But definitely a fine watch.... :drool: :drool: :drool:

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Well my first favourite IWC watch was the Portuguese Chrono and then I switched to the 5001 only to discover that there was a lot of talk in another place about problems with the movement. This was about three years ago. It didn't put me off the watch until I realised how deep the case was. So all things considered and while I do like the Da Vinci, four sided watches are no longer for me, I went back to my original first love outside of Omega, the Chrono in Red Gold on a brown strap

iwc.com​

Y'all have a nice day now

ZIN

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey pal...

Well that is certainly one on the top of my list... I just can't decide... :sad:

But if I picked a Portuguese, that model would definitely be my choice too! :drool:

BTW, I don't know all the tech details, but I believe the issues 5001 have been resolved & fixed. I think it's kinda like the speedy movement that had problems, but then got fixed. Again, I don't know the details but I bet Bill or Cinq can give us more...

·
Registered
389 Posts
I don't know much about IWC. Checked out their website and found that the portuguese automatic apealed to me the most:

or maybe the portuguese chrono-automatic

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
hey did someone say

:):)

there was a photo contest and you're giving away an IWC:001_wub::001_wub:

diver88:):):wink:

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Hey pal...

Well that is certainly one on the top of my list... I just can't decide... :sad:

But if I picked a Portuguese, that model would definitely be my choice too! :drool:

BTW, I don't know all the tech details, but I believe the issues 5001 have been resolved & fixed. I think it's kinda like the speedy movement that had problems, but then got fixed. Again, I don't know the details but I bet Bill or Cinq can give us more...

Hey Pal

I imagine you're right and as you know Mr & Mrs Unhappy are usually the most vocal but I don't recall a Speedy mvt that needed fixing

BUT, BUT, BUT, BUT

What's this?

Bill or Mr Cinq are giving us more watches :thumbup:

:lol::lol::lol:

OK, OK, there's always one as you said before

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cheerio pal

ZIN

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Da Vinci. I don't have a tonneau and it looks great ..... a mix of sport and class.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I picked the Ingeniur as I admire it's new movement and general ruggedness. At 120 meters wr you could easily swim with it too. What a great watch, I would love to own it. Frankly, I also like the Aquatimer and the Mark XVI and would love the 8 day Portuguese as well. You have to admire a brand which does such wonderful high quality work. Congratulations go to those who already own one!:001_smile:

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I imagine you're right and as you know Mr & Mrs Unhappy are usually the most vocal but I don't recall a Speedy mvt that needed fixing

ZIN
I thought there was a movement that people said had problems.. I know I read it over there awhile back, but maybe it wasn't a speedy movement, maybe another.. Anyways.. As long as they be fixed....

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
The Da Vinci Perpetual Calendar (closely followed by the Portugeuse Minute Repeater).

The new tonneau designs are gorgeous and the in-house perpetual calendar movement is a genuine piece of horological art.:001_tt1::001_tt1:

·
Registered
592 Posts
I chose the Ingenieur. I already own a Portuguese Automatic and a St Exupéry Chrono and the Ingenieur is a watch that calls my name! The fact that I am an engineer also plays a role there :thumbup1:

Kind regards,

Cinq

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hi Houston,
BUT, BUT, BUT, BUT

What's this?

Bill or Mr Cinq are giving us more watches :thumbup:

:lol::lol::lol:

OK, OK, there's always one as you said before

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cheerio pal

ZIN
I don't mind giving more PICTURES of my watches but that's all you get :001_tt2:

Kind regards,

Cinq

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I'm really hoping the point of this thread is that Scott D is getting an early start on his 2008 Christmas list.:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts