WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up over the weekend and have been trying to find out a little more about it. The dial is in pretty good condition, and the stainless case is great, but when I opened it, the movement looked suspicious. I havn't found much info on this little bugger except a connection to fortis, I havn't found any that have the same dial, I have found only one other "Fortissimo" model and the seller had no info on it. Heres a couple of pics any info would be appreciated, thanks

Attachments

·
Banned
28,345 Posts
That movement is a bumper - a Fortis 250, based on the AS 117x. It was used from the mid 30's until after WWII.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what made me suspicious was that all the other fortis bumpers said fortis on the rotor, when i looked at ranfft the as117x/fortis movement had different regulators, also if you can see in the pick of the movement it looks as though someone inscribed unadjusted on it.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Great looking bumper and in my humbled opinion, it is as authentic as they get. I wouldn't worry too much about the signature. Yours is signed and the location is not important. We know that production ended sometime in 1945 and if I had to date your watch, 1943 sounds good. A family member had a nearly identical "Fortissimo Automat" that he brought back in 1945 after spending several months as a POW in Germany. As a kid, I thought that watch was so cool. He wore it on a "slinky" single wire band.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I prefer the Pianissimo model...it's a good deal quieter than the Fortissimo.

Sorry, the musician in me couldn't help it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts