WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Perfect accuracy implies that it neither gains or loses any time over the long haul. Is that the case? If so you've hit the accuracy lotto jackpot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perfect accuracy implies that it neither gains or loses any time over the long haul. Is that the case? If so you've hit the accuracy lotto jackpot.
Well I discovered last night that if I lay it flat on the table overnight it gains back the couple of seconds it loses during the day so that’s pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,576 Posts
I know it’s kind of a joke they always overprice their watches but they’re not worth much more than what you pay.
It's not so much a joke as it is a marketing strategy. Eyal Lalo, the czar of Invictim, has admitted in a (2015?) WatchTime Magazine interview that he publishes a full price list for the benefit of Invictim vendors. These figures are well above the (approx.) standard price point of $110-$120. Apparently this allows the vendors free reign in setting the ''discount prices'' they wish to offer their customers. And it seems to work.
I don't particularly approve of such practices, but then again, it's not my company!

·
Super Moderator
4,679 Posts
It's not so much a joke as it is a maketing strategy. Eyal Lalo, the czar of Invictim, has admitted in a (2015?) WatchTime Magazine interview that he publishes a full price list for the benefit of Invictim vendors. These figures are well above the (approx.) standard price point of $110-$120. Apparently this allows the vendors free reign in setting the ''discount prices'' they wish to offer their customers. And it seems to work.
I don't particularly approve of such practices, but then again, it's not my company!
Pretty standard to pick them up off the internet for around $85. I have 3 from the old ShopNBC that were under $70. Some with Seiko movements and some with Miyota 8215s.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not so much a joke as it is a maketing strategy. Eyal Lalo, the czar of Invictim, has admitted in a (2015?) WatchTime Magazine interview that he publishes a full price list for the benefit of Invictim vendors. These figures are well above the (approx.) standard price point of $110-$120. Apparently this allows the vendors free reign in setting the ''discount prices'' they wish to offer their customers. And it seems to work.
Still, the way I look at it, a good looking watch, the most recognized submariner style in the galaxy, and a Japanese Seiko movement for 100 bucks

I’m OK with it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dont crow too loudly. $399 is the average selling price for that watch.
Will “crow” as loud as I want it’s a beautiful watch. No it is not! I’ve seen these watches go for the stated $1000 in retail stores, these are CDN prices, NOT American
Savings of over $700 with 11% tax I would call pretty substantial.

·
Super Moderator
5,839 Posts
Whatever.... I'm more interested in the watch itself rather than being focused on some ridiculous sticker price and how much of a saving i can allegedly get from it. Reminds me of Invicta and their retail practices. :glare:

Enjoy your watch.

Will “crow” as loud as I want it’s a beautiful watch. No it is not! I’ve seen these watches go for the stated $1000 in retail stores, these are CDN prices, NOT American
Savings of over $700 with 11% tax I would call pretty substantial.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.