WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new release from Fortis this year was their B-47 Big Black Big Day Big Date. Fortis (Latin for strong or brave) has taken true sense to it's name in this piece. This 47mm, 155g monster has a much larger appearance than you'll find in most of the Fortis brand.

Fortis675.18.81-K-1 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Fortis675.18.81-K-2 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Fortis675.18.81-K-3 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Fortis has an extensive history in unique designs for their timepieces. This one is no exception using a transparent black tinted dial to expose the day and date wheel of the movement. As you adjust the day or date (or stay up late enough to see the date change), you will notice each wheel move in opposite directions.

Fortis675.18.81-K-4 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Fortis675.18.81-K-5 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Fortis675.18.81-K-7 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Fortis uses their F-2016 movement on this "black monster". The F-2016 is a 25 jewel, 28,800 bph, self-winding caliber. They also use incabloc shock absorbers to keep the escapements hairspring safe should the watch take a nasty fall. The incabloc is designed to take the energy created by the shock, transfer it to a pivot shank and fully absorb the shock into the block. Then, the system re-centers itself to keep the hairspring functioning as it once was, without damage and minimal deviation.

The bezel of this piece is coated in rubber. This adds to the shock resistance and also helps protect the dual anti-reflective coated sapphire crystal. The bezel is uni-directional and has a 60 minute countdown timer and the case is stainless steel with a PVD coating, which is also slightly protected by the large rubberized bezel.

Fortis675.18.81-K-8 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

The lume is very nice on this piece. Fortis uses their notorious white Superluminova that glows an electric blue for the hands. The indexes us a black Superluminova that is very subtle, but still easily seen in the dark.

Fortis675.18.81-K-9 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Fortis675.18.81-K-10 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Fortis675.18.81-K-11 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

The Big Black comes with a screw-down crown, 200m water resistance, as well as a Rubber strap with a "butterfly deployment clasp". The inside of the clasp actually has circular polishing patterns on the PVD, to give it the small extra details that you will find in most Fortis pieces.

Fortis675.18.81-K-6 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

This piece is a limited edition of 2012 to help commemorate the 100 years Fortis has been in business.

Fortis675.18.81-K-12 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

As always, please let me know if I can be any help.

Thank you!

Joe

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree with C&B. However, there are those who like the stealth design. I for one am glad to see them step outside the box with this one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts