WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after viewing the endless parade of absolutely fantastic straps for the M28 fashioned by our own Ladd Gardner, I have perhaps done the unthinkable...

Today, I switched my M28 from a leather strap to the Tungsten Bracelet. :scared: :scared: :scared:

Up until about an hour ago, my M28 had lived on this chestnut gator:

With warmer weather approaching, however, I want to be able to wear the M28 without worrying about the whole sweat/leather thing. So, over to the Tungsten Bracelet this morning...

I really like how the tungsten accommodates all of the colors on the dial -- a whole new watch for summer!

Cheers,
Jazz

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, War Vet!

After removing the gator strap, it only took me about a minute to fully attach the tungsten bracelet. This is because, when I originally purchased the watch, I had LT attach the bracelet prior to shipping. Once LT has already done all of the heavy lifting, so to speak, the tungsten bracelet is very easy to remove and re-attach. This is why I always advise folks to have LT attach the bracelet prior to shipping any tungsten watch -- it really does make it easy to switch out the bracelet and straps from that point on.

Cheers,
Jazz

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Jazz, your M28 looks great on the bracelet as well as the leather strap. That watch is so good looking it will look great on any number of combos. Like you though, for hot weather give me a bracelet! Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Thanks for the great advice Jazz! I have one of the last M28's coming and I have asked Bes to mount the bracelet for me. Your watch looks fantastic on the bracelet or a strap! I can not wait to see mine.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Jazz, looks great, man. I'm going to haul out my tungsten bracelet, tonight. I think it's either behind the bicycle pump or the basketball net, one. :lol:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That watch is so good looking it will look great on any number of combos.
As Ladd continues to demonstrate! :thumbup1:

Thanks for the great advice Jazz! I have one of the last M28's coming and I have asked Bes to mount the bracelet for me.
Glad to hear it! When you go to swap out the bracelet, you will thank yourself a million times over! :001_smile:

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Back to the workbench! :001_tt2:
You're exactly right, Jazz.

It's a beautiful bracelet. First time the wife had seen it, and she loved it. I just find the already-heavy M28 to be uncomfortable with the added weight of the bracelet. I was sitting watching a PBS television show (NOVA -- Yellowstone "supervolcano") that detailed the several ways human life is likely to become extinct on Earth (Tsunami, Meteor Strike, Volcanic Eruption/Earthquake) and I couldn't forget the bracelet on my wrist. Had my hands interlaced behind my head, and the weight and edges of the bracelet were combining to eat a groove into my wrist. Dunno what it is -- maybe skin gets thinner as we age -- but it was pretty uncomfortable, so I'm back on the soft leather, and happier, if not as "glitzy." :cool1:

You're right about how easy it is, now, to get the bracelet on/off the watch. All it took was some curved springbars, and a few dress rehearsals. Takes about two minutes, start to finish. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I can't help it - for me the Lum-Tec tungstens are a watch and bracelet, nothing else. It's a kit. My M21 has never been on anything other than the bracelet. Besides, it's a ***** to change..

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
I'm both ways on this because the tungsten watches look so freaking awesome on the bracelets, plus I can get a nice fit!

For me the issue isn't the weight, it's the way top center link pokes out at me because I was born with WDD (a.k.a. Wrist Dimension Disorder)...

It probably wouldn't bother most people, but my anal eye (you can't say "anal eye" & then say no pun intended with that - right?
)
goes right too it every time...

I just wear it on the strap and I am happy with it that way, although I do need a thick black alligator with red stitching on it I think...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Gonna really give it a try, tonight, and see if I can overlook the weight. :001_unsure:

Looks great on that bracelet... In my opinion the bracelet balances out the weight of the watch head nicely.
I got used to the weight of my first Tungsten in a few hours time.

I've put a cordovan strap on my M27 for a change, but like Jazz will go to bracelets when it gets warmer here.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just threw the bracelet back on my M26 and cleaned up the watch. Looks great! My only issue is that my wrist seems to be between sizes as I have it just a little tight. I'm considering adding a link and then taping something soft to the inside of bracelet to shrink it a little. Has anyone ever done that?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For me the issue isn't the weight, it's the way top center link pokes out at me because I was born with WDD (a.k.a. Wrist Dimension Disorder)...

It probably wouldn't bother most people, but my anal eye (you can't say "anal eye" & then say no pun intended with that - right?
)
goes right too it every time...
You are not alone on this one, Brian. I do not like the look of the first center link poking up into the air. I wish there was some way to "lock" the first center link to the end link so that it functioned as a single unit. I have five tungsten bracelets, and they all differ in terms of the degree to which the center link pivots away from the end link. (To check this out -- hold a tungsten bracelet by the end link, pivot the end link perpendicular to the ground and note how quickly the center link releases). On a couple of my bracelets, the center link pivots quite easily, with almost no resistance. At the other extreme, I have one bracelet where, for some reason, the center link doesn't pivot at all -- it is locked tightly against the end link. That is my "go to" bracelet, since the first center link stays flat on the wrist. I wish I knew what I could do to achieve this result on my other bracelets.

Cheers,
Jazz

·
Registered
722 Posts
M28 incoming!

My new M28 (to be on island Friday) is coming ON BRACELET!. My daily wear for almost a year has been a Seiko Ananta Spring Drive, heaviest thing I've evah had on wrist. Training for a tungsten, yeah?

·
Registered
722 Posts
A picture's worth a thousand words...

You are not alone on this one, Brian. I do not like the look of the first center link poking up into the air. I wish there was some way to "lock" the first center link to the end link so that it functioned as a single unit. I have five tungsten bracelets, and they all differ in terms of the degree to which the center link pivots away from the end link. (To check this out -- hold a tungsten bracelet by the end link, pivot the end link perpendicular to the ground and note how quickly the center link releases). On a couple of my bracelets, the center link pivots quite easily, with almost no resistance. At the other extreme, I have one bracelet where, for some reason, the center link doesn't pivot at all -- it is locked tightly against the end link. That is my "go to" bracelet, since the first center link stays flat on the wrist. I wish I knew what I could do to achieve this result on my other bracelets.

Cheers,
Jazz
Do you have a picture of this problem? I can't quite visualize what you're saying. Thanx

1 - 20 of 24 Posts