WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok help. I have google'd sanded buffed, diamond polished, cried, begged the gods of sanity for help. Forget the idea "just replace it" what fun is that? Get tired of the wife and kids and just replace them all the time? I got a sea spider in a box of junk watches. I like the size and weight, so far I have repaired the battery compartment, gotten a hattori stem, set time have had it running for a couple weeks now and it has a very scratched up crystal. I buffed with diamond paste, some 1200 then 3000 paper and it really improved but not to that "new look" oh its ok for the noob but at my armature just starting out level, I want it better. best, if can be, Now without pointing fingers, which one of you people have polished a flame fusion, got it near perfect to the one good eye we all have and how did you do it. Now since we have that on the table, I also need a crown replacement. I emailed Invicta, they don't sell parts but I asked for the specs for a replacement crown and no answer. Could one of you direct me to the proper hattori thread size and replacement crown for a sea spider model #14862? As I stand and admit,"yes My name is Red and I am an Invicta Addict" I used stauer as a jump off watch and have been an addict for some time. hahahahahahahahhaha LOL hey thanks red

·
Super Moderator
15,651 Posts
Considering your armature (or did you mean amateur?) level, why not just pick up a parts donor Sea Spider from eBay (second-hand ones are selling for as low as $25 and many are under $50) and liberate its crown and crystal?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts