WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll likely be getting an M52 for Christmas and I'd like to get a nice ammo strap and possibly a croc. I remember reading that a typical thick ammo strap may not fit due to the thickness of the tungsten. What thickness can I have and still fit between the spring bar and the case?
Thanks.

·
Registered
164 Posts
It isn't so much the thickness of the strap, but the thickness of the loop of leather around the springbar. The distance from the strap holes to the body of the watch is relatively short on tungsten watches. I have a 5mm thick strap I had custom made on my M27, but the loop had to be made thin enough to work. I have some nice straps for my Panerai that rub on the case. The watch strap maker I used is familiar with the tungsten case so she knows about the reduced space around the springbar.

·
Registered
336 Posts
1mm around the loop, is a nice size.

I just ordered a custom strap at Bakeka (I mailed the owner Alfio)
75/125, 24/22, 3.5mm thick and 1mm around the loop.
The strap must fit a 18.2 cm (7.1 inch) below the wristbone, and 18.7 cm above the bone.

The leather and stitching is the same as the Old Cuoio.

Here is a link:

bakeka-handmade: Watch straps

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Yup, this is something of a "known issue" with LT tungstens. Not only are the case/springbar clearances tighter than usual, but the bottom edge of the case is very sharp where the end of the mounted strap rubs against it.

My suggestion is to contact Jenna @ Stone Creek Straps, for fantastic service and excellent custom straps. I have made many leather straps for Lum-Tec M-tungstens, and Jenna has helped with my progress as an amateur strap maker. She's got a very broad selection of leathers (exotics from everywhere), and she's built many straps for fellow WTF forum members, so she's very familiar with Lum-Tec watches like the "V-series" (she builds "notched straps"), the Tungstens, "bulls," etc.

Call or email her for great service.

·
Registered
246 Posts
AND: ask for 24.5mm... If you're as picky as I am, the slight wobbling from lug to lug showing the spring bars once the leather has stretched a little from daily wear, will bug the "excrementum" out of you.

Just my two cts.

Cheers,

Marc

·
Registered
336 Posts
I see what you mean.
But my strap has already been ordered and is going to be dispatched this week.

If this wobbling, as you mentioned is gonna frustrate me, as it does to you :T
Then a next strap would be a 24.5/22.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My suggestion is to contact Jenna @ Stone Creek Straps, for fantastic service and excellent custom straps. I have made many leather straps for Lum-Tec M-tungstens, and Jenna has helped with my progress as an amateur strap maker. She's got a very broad selection of leathers (exotics from everywhere), and she's built many straps for fellow WTF forum members, so she's very familiar with Lum-Tec watches like the "V-series" (she builds "notched straps"), the Tungstens, "bulls," etc.

Call or email her for great service.
She made the one for me in the photo as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.