WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off its great to join this forum! There is so much excellent information on this site. I am looking at getting my first "nice" watch since I just got out of college. I would primarily be wearing this watch for work in an office but would also like it to function as a semi-casual watch to wear out. The criteria that I have set for myself is >$500, dress watch, leather strap (preferably black) and I'm looking for something that is more classic in appearance.
The three watches that I have found are:

Hamilton Valiant Silver Dial Leather Strap Mens Watch H39515754
Watch Analog watch White Light Clock

Victorinox Swiss Army Alliance Black Dial Black Strap Mens Watch 241474
Watch Analog watch Clock Font Watch accessory

Tissot T-Lord Black Dial Automatic Black Leather Mens Watch T0595071605100
Watch Analog watch White Light Clock

I would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions of other similar watches if you had any in mind!

Thanks

-Ryan

·
Super Moderator
16,887 Posts
...The criteria that I have set for myself is >$500...
Welcome to WTF, Ryan!
Unless otherwise instructed, I'm going to assume you're finger slipped and hit > (more than) rather than < (which means less than). So...

With the possible exception of adding a Christopher Ward C5 Malvern or a C9 Harrison, you have a pretty good short list right there The CWs are only slightly over $500, several of our members own CWs, and I've heard no complaints from any of them. If your preferences are not
Eurocentric, and you don't mind quartz, I recommend Citizen. It has some models that are very affordable, insanely accurate, and because of their Eco-Drive technology are virtually maintenance-free for at least 25 years (my first Eco-Drive is about 26 yrs. old).

And concentrate on the watch, not the strap- aftermarket straps are ridiculously easy to swap out. :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.