WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first Lum-Tec has arrived. I have always liked the look of the M series, but I prefer quartz over mechanical movements. I was pleasantly surprised to find the new line up included a M series quartz line. After placing my pre-order for a M55, it arrived yesterday. I really like the big face and the heft of the case and bracelet. I did find mounting the bracelet a total challenge, but after researching the forum a solution was revealed. I went down to my local watch repair store and picked up a set of spring bars that were slightly thinner than the stock ones. That did the trick and the bracelet went on with minimal resistance. The M55 is a killer watch and that lume is great, glows like a torch. I think my Seikos will be shelved for awhile. After wearing this baby around, I can see some additional Lum-Tec models in my future.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Yup the new quartzes all do look good.

Welcome to the LT asylum, you are in good hands here.
I just know this won't be your last LT...

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
All these arrivals are steadily getting me more annoyed in the knowledge that mine is still weeks away. :sad:

p.s.

Congrats on your new watch :thumbup: I just acting a little grumpy.

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
47 Posts
congrats, my 56 came friday. Stayed home to make sure it got signed for!

I too had a problem with the bracelet, thought it was me, took it to a watch guy who scratched the watch up pretty good (that's a different story). We tried thinner spring bars and that didn't help things.

regardless, the watch is absolutely gorgeous, couldn't be more excited.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
First let me say that I am not disbelieving either of you but I can't understand how it doesn't fit with the spring bars that it comes with. Maybe Chris or Bes can explain the correct method for fitting the bracelet.

·
Registered
47 Posts
First let me say that I am not disbelieving either of you but I can't understand how it doesn't fit with the spring bars that it comes with. Maybe Chris or Bes can explain the correct method for fitting the bracelet.

Mine will lock on one side, but it won't catch on the other side. I sent an email to Bes on Friday about it to see what we can do. I tried forever, my watch guy tried for ever......although I now regret giving it to him with all the scratches on it (hoping I can have a good jeweler take them out, but not sure how we'll keep the machined look).

That said, I am not mad, the watch is gorgeous, and I planned on wearing the leather band 90% of the time.

I have full confidence that everything will be squared away as I know what a good company Lum Tec is.

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Don't feel bad I have trouble with it too. On both the watches that I ordered with with bracelets I asked them to install it before they shipped it to me.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
There will be, or should be, a set of bent springbars sent with the watch and bracelet. They're to be used when fitting the bracelet...we've all been caught, at one time or another :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
There will be, or should be, a set of bent springbars sent with the watch and bracelet. They're to be used when fitting the bracelet...we've all been caught, at one time or another :(

bes has a new set of springbars in the mail for me, hopefully those will work. Then off to a jeweler to try to polish the scratches out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Got my M57 saturday and I must say I am impressed with it. I did not get any bent springbars just a set of straight ones. I will attempt to fit and attach the metal bracelet this afternoon and let everyone know the result.

What is the crown made of on this thing? It feels incredibly nice and light.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.