WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attended my first WIS GTG this evening and was shocked when John McGonigle turned up and showed off his stunning tourbillion. Apologies for the horrible iPhone pics, forgot to bring the camera :blush:

Some amazing candy on the table, Zenith,Breguet,JLC,Omega,Rolex,Panerai, at a guess there was over 100 watches on show.

And what would an Irish GTG be without an empty Guinness glass:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
That is so cool. I wish I had been there. :biggrin:

That Tourbillon is a fantastic timepiece, I trust you had a good time.....what a thrill to meet John McGonnigle. One of the biggest watchmakers in Ireland to be sure.

Thanks for sharing.

Best,
Rob

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Very cool! Sounds like a great event!! :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

A tourbilllon is my favorite complication. Unfortunately it's one of the most expensive complications out there..... :crying:

My grail tourby is a very simple one, the JLC Grand Master

Here's the 18k rose gold version on my wrist. Was the most painful thing ever to remove it from my wrist...

Though not Swiss, I do have one tourbillon in the collection, a Stuhrling. And I love it. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is so cool. I wish I had been there. :biggrin:

That Tourbillon is a fantastic timepiece, I trust you had a good time.....what a thrill to meet John McGonnigle. One of the biggest watchmakers in Ireland to be sure.

Thanks for sharing.

Best,
Rob
Sorry Rob I forgot about the pm and that you couldn't reply. But I am now officially a name dropper, I think you got one of the first Tuscars made and it was great to see John's face when I told him that I knew a guy from Canada who purchased one, straight away he knew it was Rob.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts