WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ball Fireman Santa Fe Watch

Yes... it is a very nice watch and reasonably priced! The Fireman II watches are no longer being made and we have requests for them all the time. This is the same watch but with a DLC case, a differently designed leather strap and a limited edition run of approximately 200 watches.

We just received them in time for the holiday season.. I am sure these will sell out quick.

You can see them here..

Ball Fireman Santa Fe Special Watch nm1092c-l3j-slbe

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
I stopped by one of our forum sponsors, Little Treasury Jewelers, while in Baltimore over the weekend, and checked out the new Santa Fe. It's a very very nice-looking watch. It definitely borrows heavily -- to say the least -- from the Fireman I, but that's a good thing. The Fireman I was a great model, and it never was offered in a DLC case. This is a chance to get in on one.

Steve at AboutTime mentioned above that the leather strap is differently designed. This is something that Steve at Little Treasury also highlighted for me (Patiently, I might add, as my kids wandered through his store. Thanks, Steve!). Many of us have been complaining for years about the sub-par quality of Ball's leather straps, especially given the high quality of Ball watches overall, including its second-to-none bracelets and gator/croco straps. The new leather Santa Fe strap is much more substantial than what we've seen before from Ball and, I think, shows a marked improvement. I hope this is what we can expect to see in Ball's future leather strap offerings. My hat's off to Ball for responding to friendly criticism. . . . now if only it would make its straps a tad longer for us 8+" wristed guys. . . .

Get one while you can! I hear that the Santa Fe is moving out fast.

Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts